cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange line reading on dsl checker

petelane1951
Grafter

Strange line reading on dsl checker

8When I wanted Plusnet TV I had problems due to BTW not showing my line speeds correctly on the dslchecker.bt.com. They only showed my line as adsl compatible with no fibre option. This was after BTW had finally moved my fibre line to its correct cabinet, thanks to Plusnet.

This issue was resolved and the dsl checker was updated correctly. Well, not sure why, but I checked again today and it is now showing no fibre capability even though I am getting 40 Mbps on a fibre line. Luckily I have got my TV already but I do not understand why BTW have amended my line estimates yet again. 

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter.

7 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 35

Re: Strange line reading on dsl checker

Hi there,

As you already have a fibre service I'd not worry about it.

If there was a pressing reason to get that corrected (i.e if you didn't have fibre, it was available but that this wasn't reflected on the checker) we'd be able to follow a process with our suppliers to get that corrected.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran
Fixes: 5

If there was a pressing reason to get that corrected (i.e if you didn't have fibre, it was available but that this wasn't reflected on the checker) we'd be able to follow a process with our suppliers to get that corrected.

What would happen if / when the OP tries to switch supplier?

Would it not be prudent to get this corrected now.

petelane1951
Grafter

Hello Adam,

I understand that because you had to do this to get me the TV. My concern is that it keeps changing and removing fibre even after it has been added. I realise it is a BTW issue but there are reasons for my concerns. It took a lot of hard work by Harry and Anoush to sort my line out and get my line moved to the correct cabinet. One of my neighbours has been without broadband for four months and he was just transferring suppliers. He had fibre which they ceased but failed to reprovide. Eventually he got basic adsl only yesterday even though he had fibre previously. BTW told him their records show fibre is not available even though there are signs everywhere saying it is. 

So hopefully you can understand my concerns. 

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 255

I've raised a TAGs query with BTW to investigate that for you.

We'll provide updates via this ticket

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
petelane1951
Grafter

Thanks Anoush. 

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problems Pete

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The response we've got back is the following:

There is a live to live migration is going on from PCP 8 to PCP 19. Once the migration work gets complete the records will automatically update in the system.

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team