Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still stuck on ADSL though should be on fibre from last Wednesday

FIXED
jimlancs
Fixes: 1

Still stuck on ADSL though should be on fibre from last Wednesday

I Upgraded to fibre broadband and I was to go live on Wednesday the 10th November 2021. Ireceived a new HUB ONE router and connected it up. Setup was fine and connection was immediate. However I have done several tests and I still appear to be on ADSL (Albeit at 13Mb/s rate which is much improved on my old router) and have not as yet changed to VDSL fibre.

The VDSL range is quoted by the BT checker as 60-80Mb/s possible on my line. It shows only an ADSL connection being tested and results given.

Please can someone tell me when I will get connected. (Need warning as I need to arrange other internet for work on the day).

I tried e-mailing but there have been e-mail issues at Plusnet.

Regards

Jim

5 REPLIES 5
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

Re: Still stuck on ADSL though should be on fibre from last Wednesday

Hi @jimlancs welcome to the forums.

Plus Net do not offer a email service for reporting faults, you can log a fault using this link https://faults.plus.net   

To check your current sync speed and confirm if you are still confirmed for ADSL or VDSL on the Hub One.

From the Home page navigate to >Troubleshooting >Helpdesk (you will be prompted for the admin password found on the card attached to the Hub)

These are the important lines

5. DSL uptime:
6. Data rate:
7. Maximum data rate:
8. Noise margin:
9. Line attenuation:
10. Signal attenuation:
12. Broadband username: <yourusername>@plusdsl.net *
23. Modulation: G.993.2 Annex B **

* It is important the Broadband username is not setup@plusdsl.net.

** G.993.2 Annex B is VDSL/FFTC

It is important that any speed test is performed using a wired connection directly connected to the Hub One as wireless connection can be unreadable.

If you want any further help report back with your findings. 

Hope this help

Dan

jimlancs

Hi Dan

I've double checked the connection and the result still states ADSL (see below). My account on Plusnet says that an upgrade is on order but I cant get any info from that. I'll raise a query with the link you sent.

24. Modulation: G.992.5 Annex A

Which I take as ADSL.

09:59:11, 14 Nov. ( 126.430000) WAN operating mode is ADSL
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

@jimlancs and I was to go live on Wednesday the 10th November 2021

The upgrade will require an Openreach engineer to visit your local cabinet to make the connection.

Chances are your upgrade has been delayed a few days due to engineer availability. When you place the order an estimated earliest date is given as the upgrade date. Often this is pushed back by Openreach but the automated ordering system isn't very good at informing about the delay. Hopefully one of the PN help team staff will see this post and check on the actual upgrade date for you.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jimlancs

Fix

I called PN and they have confirmed that the upgrade should be done by the 20th Nov. Seems they are somewhat delayed. Hopefully I only get billed from the date when it starts operating!

Thanks for all your advice it does help to know that you have not got lost in the sytem somewhere and that delays are possible.

It would be good if when you log into your PN account on line that you could see the progress of an order with some predicted dates. Just se an ERROR HAS OCCURED notice instead.

Once again thanks for the help.

Regards

Jim

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

@jimlancs you used to be able to see the due date for an order completion on the BT wholesale checker. It was obviously too useful so they removed it🙄

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.