cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still not live. Help

Monty96
Hooked

Still not live. Help

I can’t reach anyone as they’re not answering the phones. Still no internet after 2 engineer visits. I signed up in the middle of November. This is ridiculous. Just moved house. Can’t work and no zoom calls to my family
6 REPLIES 6
mort7890
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Still not live. Help

Hi @Monty96 More information as to what did the engineers did/say/test for on the visits

Monty96
Hooked

Hi,

1st visit was supposed to be instal but only did internet. Someone had to come back over a week later to do the phone line. He couldn’t understand why the internet wasn’t live when he came but thought it would go live shortly. Was supposed to go live the following day. We had internet the following day for about an hour then nothing. Came back on the next day for a short time. Since then nothing. Had some help from one of the staff to get the second engineer out and was following through but it’s gone quiet since then and I’m getting no response

mort7890
Pro

Hi @Monty96 Trying to decipher your post.

Have you got a phone line? if so have you checked it for noise? What lights are showing on the router.

Have you tried switching the router off and restarting all again

Monty96
Hooked

Yes done all the usual. If we turn it on now it works for a minute then goes off. We had a phone line as part of the package but haven’t used a landline in years so no idea if it works but the engineer said it was fine. I just don’t think they’ve bothered to set us to “live” and no one seems interested in sorting it out
mort7890
Pro

Hi @Monty96 You say done all the usual. Have you checked the phone, have you interrogated the router, looked at the status and history, when it goes off what lights are showing on the router. When it goes off is it shutting down or disconnecting, router will give you the details, are you connecting by ethernet or WiFi 2.4 or 5ghz.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @Monty96 

I'm sorry for the issues with getting online. I can see your broadband order completed this morning and we've activated your account. Our tests are showing your router's in sync with the cabinet (the green box in the road) but your router's not authenticating which is generally caused by setting up your router before your order completes.

I'd recommend pushing a paperclip into the reset pin hole at the back of the router and holding it down for 20 seconds. Let go and wait around 10 minutes. If you still can't connect, I'd advise going through the following steps to manually connect.

1. Go to the router's homepage at http://192.168.1.254
2. Click on the Advanced Settings tab
3. Type in the admin password found from the back of the router and click the OK button
4. Click on the Continue to Advanced Settings button then the Broadband tab
5. If there's a Disconnect button, click that
6. Change the username to the broadband username in the format of username@plusdsl.net If you can't remember this I'd check for any emails we've sent you for example an email with you bill on as we'd add the username to the top of the email.
7. Type in the account password, this can be reset here: https://www.plus.net/forgotpassword/ if needed.
8. Hit the Connect button.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet