cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no internet a week after product change to fibre

Lichfield6

Still no internet a week after product change to fibre

I changed product from ADSL to Fibre with a planned activation date of 26th Feb. This was then moved to 4th March because of Openreach delays. On the day (4 March) my old service was deactivated. I didn't mind as I thought I'd be back soon on FTTC.
Sadly it's now exactly a week afterwards (11/03) and I'm still without any internet service at all.
Openreach engineer visit on 9th March agreed nothing wrong on premises and that they had not correctly completed the fibre routing in the cabs.  How do I get them to reconnect my ADSL connection whilst they're sorting out the b***s up?
I am having trouble getting PlusNet to own this and force it through, with a 2 day delay getting an answer to my 'question' 121439588. I don't much like waiting 30mins+ before I can speak to someone!
I have had auto emails from PlusNet:
26/2 - Your Broadband product change is now complete...followed by..
26/2 - Your Broadband activation date has changed
08/3 - Your Upload speed has been changed!!
I'm delighted to hear the last - if only I could get connected!!!
6 REPLIES 6
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Still no internet a week after product change to fibre

It looks like our suppliers records were incorrect as they were initially showing you as being connected via cabinet 1 when your actually on cabinet 8.
We're going to have to cease the broadband you have on the line and then re-provide it. Leave it with me.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Lichfield6

Happy to leave it with you but I am now accruing ongoing costs having to use BT Fon (1x1 day package @£6.95 and 1x5 day package @£17.95) as I am without an internet connection, although you have agreed a contract to provide it. Are you chasing up Openreach for an urgent fix if they're the ones who've dropped off (incorrect records caused incomplete fibre provision - which they didn't test)?
Lichfield6

Guys, it is now 13 days since I lost my internet connection to change me to fibre, which went horribly wrong.
It may be a problem caused by Openreach, but my contract is with you and I would like to be kept much better informed as to what you are doing to speed up the fix with them.
I have now spent £42.95 on BT Fon wireless (2 x £17.95 (5-day) and 1 x £6.95 (1-day)) and am getting increasingly concerned.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

We're getting this chased up for you but it isn't a simple issue I'm afraid.
You should have a update in the next hour or so.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Lichfield6

OK Matthew. PM sent.
Lichfield6

Matthew, where I used to work, promises made=promises kept. Nothing has changed - I still have no internet service, which is now over 2 week outage. Please ensure that my BB charge for this month is waived, then let me know again what is going on and when my service will be provided?