Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no fibre upgrade or internet

KaotiK
Grafter

Still no fibre upgrade or internet

thought I'd make my own pos.

Yea fibre upgrade was due yesterday, my adsl cut off around 11am. I waited until midnight as told to make sure but now the next day still nothing. So now I'm without internet completely.

I'm assuming there's a problem since the engineer must have been there to shut my adsl off. So just want to know what's going on? Cheers
35 REPLIES 35
KaotiK
Grafter

Re: Still no fibre upgrade or internet

Have spoken to someone on the phone who has sorted it for me, was due to my router not inputting the username and password properly!

Line is running a bit slow he said due to a fault which should be fixed soon so hopefully happy days Smiley

TonyMC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 3

Hi Kaotik, glad to hear it, sorry about the fault but glad it is being sorted, if you need any further help then let me know - Tony

KaotiK
Grafter

Yea looking forward to getting proper speeds, hopefully its soon! Will i have to reboot my router or anything or will it automatically sort itself once this fault is fixed. Still at 15mb at the moment.

TonyMC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 3

Hi Kaotik, it should resolve itself once everything is working ok, our faults team will update you once that happens.

KaotiK
Grafter

Yea its been 48 hours now, i know i have to wait 72 hours before whinging as thats what the guy on the phone said it could take to sort but he did say it usually takes less than that Cheesy Hope its sorted by the end of the day!

Is there anyway you or anyone else can check to see if there getting anywhere?

cheers

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

It looks like a engineer visit is going to be required.

If you can update the fault ticket with your availability we'll get that booked.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
KaotiK
Grafter

Ok i have updated the ticket, why is an engineer required? im assuming everything to my house is fine but they need to check my house wiring? Just annoying when the guy on the phone said nothing to worry about and it would be sorted, Now i could be looking at a £65 charge, i never had problems with my ADSL so never thought there would be a problem internally.. Can you explain everything to help me understand all this, cheers Cheesy

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Our tests are showing what's known as a bridge tap which could be a internal issue.

Is the router connected to the master socket?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
KaotiK
Grafter

Yea it is, then we have one other socket downstairs for the phone.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

What type of master socket is it?

Does it look like one of these?

btmastersocket_type2

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
KaotiK
Grafter

yep except the openreach text bit is in black. We have the same socket downstairs also. I remember years ago we had an engineer who came and made the upstairs one, the master socket. I just plugged the router in the downstairs one and speed was upto 19-20 mb through my phone wifi. Upstairs socket wise its at 15mb.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Can you send us photos of both sockets?

If the speeds increased in the downstairs socket that may well be the master socket.

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
KaotiK
Grafter

Yep here you go, left is upstairs one

IMAG0181.jpgIMAG0182.jpg

KaotiK
Grafter

I do remember when the engineer came years ago, he ran a new cable outside to the upstairs one and made it the master socket. So if thats not the case then bit annoyed! but then it was so long ago cant do anything about that now! Cheesy