Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no fibre connection

SanjiCat
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Still no fibre connection

Signed up to transfer from ADSL to fibre and activation date stated as 19th October. Still on ADSL 4mbps. Any moderator available to check this for me?

5 REPLIES 5
shrubbfamily
Grafter

Re: Still no fibre connection

I remember moving to fibre from adsl Plusnet at to change speed profile on there systems my speed was the same as adsl have you checked your sync speeds from your router ? 

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@SanjiCat

Welcome to the forums.

Moderators are customers just like you and me and have no access to the Plusnet systems. The people you need are the Staff.

Assuming you have plugged in the Plusnet Hub One (it is ADSL and FTTC compatible), you can check if the line is ADSL or FTTC (with a speed block/fault)

Log onto the Plusnet Hub One Router and go to the Troubleshooting Section (top right corner). Once there click on the Helpdesk tab.

Look for the line starting 

23. Modulation:

And then compare the code to the table below,

ADSL1	   ADSL2     ADSL2+    VDSL	 VDSL2
Standard G.992.1 G.992.3 G.992.5 G.993.1 G.993.2

If the code is for ADSL then you haven't been upgraded to FTTC yet. If it is VDSL then you have been. Let us know what it says.

Also while you wait for a member of staff to confirm what is happening, you can do a quick check for yourself to see if the order has a completion date.

Have a look at the BT Wholesale checker site at https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Enter your phone number and look in the text below the results table.

It will say if there is an open order on your line and more importantly the date it is due to be completed.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @SanjiCat,

Please accept my apologies for the issue with your order.

It appears there has been a data discrepancy issue on our suppliers systems when placing the order, preventing it from being placed. I have created a ticket on your account with the actions I have taken. You can access it here.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
SanjiCat
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Is a staff member able to check to progress of my fibre order. I've heard nothing since last Wednesday regarding an installation date.

Thanks

AishaK
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 12

Hi @SanjiCat,

I'm sincerely sorry to hear that you've not had any further updates regarding your order.

I have looked into this for you and left a ticket on your account regarding your query. You can view this here

Should you have any further queries, please get in touch.

Thank you,

Aisha