Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still have sync problems

FIXED
ad47uk
Grafter

Re: Still have sync problems

Got router today, and it works, thank you, very posh.  Still strange why this one works and the others don't. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix
Fantastic Thumbs_Up
I don’t fully understand it myself, but we’re aware of an issue where the Hub One just refuses to sync to certain cabinets. Sad
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ad47uk
Grafter

@Gandalf wrote:
Fantastic Thumbs_Up
I don’t fully understand it myself, but we’re aware of an issue where the Hub One just refuses to sync to certain cabinets. Sad

Crazy and also crazy that BT equipment do not work, someone said on another forum about the chipsets BTOR equipment uses, yes I agree with that, but surly you would have thought that BTOR would have the right equipment? Cost cutting again, even if they do make millions. The place i work for is no different. 

The other thing that is confusing is that why after over 2 years, this have started to happen just after my phone line went down, did BTOR do some work at the cabinet and changed something? I suppose we will never know. 

Router is nice, kind of make me glad that I had the problem, much nicer than the hub one. plusnet should start giving it out instead of the hub one, i know price, but even if you offered the Zyxel as an upgrade for extra cost in place of the hub one, or lock people in for longer.  I would have gone for it. 

Thanks once again, we got there in the end, even if I had to get another modem to keep me going, oh well it is a spare.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problems and thanks for your feedback about the ZyXEL. I'll get that passed on to the relevant team.

I'm a bit jealous as I kind of want one too. Roll_eyes

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Which model ZyXEL is it?

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
ad47uk
Grafter

It is a VMG8924-B10A 

It have VoiP as well, when IO got a bit more time I try to set my VoiP up on it save having a separate box.

ad47uk
Grafter

I was at one point last year looking at one of the Asus higher end ones, but changed my mind due to cost and not really needing it. This Zyxel  is more or less the same thing. All I am bothered about is staying online and that is what it is doing. 

Oh dear, have to put an edit on here at 10.28 am, it have all gone pear shape again, Zyxel just stopped connecting about on hour ago, I waited and reset and still nothing, put the old Huawie BT modem back on and it connected, so now using the Zyxel in wan mode via the BT modem to get connected. Something is certainly strange.

ad47uk
Grafter

Well i have no idea what happened, but the Zyxel router would nto connect for a day, but now it have been connected for 3 days apart from when i had a power cut yesterday, so things seems ok again. 

cheers plusnet.