Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still have sync problems

FIXED
ad47uk
Grafter

Still have sync problems

A couple of weeks ago, my phone line went down, that was fixed, but my fibre was still not working, anyway after a couple of weeks i was told it was fixed, but I am not so sure.

I have an ECI Bt open reach modem, which for some reason will not sync, so I borrowed my next door neighbours Huawei  BT open reach modem and that does sync, but it takes a while. so I thought maybe the line fault did something to my modem. so I have now got an Plusnet hub one and that will also not sync. so there must be a problem somewhere still. I know the cabinet is I am connected to is  Huawei equip, so  maybe that is why the Huawei modem will connect, but sometimes that modem still take ages to connect, in fact when I reconnected it after trying out the Plusnet Hub one router, I had to turn the modem on and off a few times to get it to sync. 

22 REPLIES 22
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Still have sync problems

matching chipset to Cab usually gives better performance but even if you don't it shouldn't stop sync altogether, something wrong going on there.  

ad47uk
Grafter

Yeah that is what I understand, what is strange that when the Huawei  connects, I get the best speed i ever had, but the problem is that is just on loan, I can not keep it forever and even if I could, why won't the router that plusnet supplied not sync?

I could go and buy a second hand Huawei, but it is not 100% certain if that would work.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@ad47uk wrote:

I could go and buy a second hand Huawei, but it is not 100% certain if that would work.

It's not certain but they're cheap on Ebay and are easy to unlock. You can then run DSLstats and get far better visibility of speed, SNR, errors etc.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

ad47uk
Grafter

i know they are cheap on ebay, but I really should not have to buy another one after getting a new one from plusnet.  I may take the router to my mates place and see if it syncs there, if it does then it must be something to do with my line.  Seems strange that out of three bits of equipment only one works. 

Saying that I do prefer the separate router/modem idea and I may get a modem anyway from ebay even for a spare.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If you have tested it with the Plusnet supplied router plugged direct in to the test socket (using the filter supplied with the router and nothing else connected) and it doesn't work don't mess about any more - just log a fault.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
ad47uk
Grafter

I tried my old modem and the router at my mates place and they work there, so the equipment is fine, but  I am online using the Huawie modem, so surly Plusnet will just say there is no fault?

Someone said something about G.inp, which can cause problems, but surly that would not stop a a sync.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi,

Which router do you have connected at present? I'm asking as I've tested the line and I'm seeing a modem/router in sync.

If it isn't already I'd forget the other hardware and plus the hub one into the test socket.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

From what I have read here and on another forum. the OP has said that the Openreach HG612 syncs but takes a long time, then gives good speeds, the Hub one doesn't sync at all, I think the balls in PlusNet's court. @adamwalker Any suggestions?

ad47uk
Grafter

The huawie or how ever it is spelt, the one I borrowed from my neighbours is connected at the moment as that is the only one that works

I took the hub one to my mates place just to see if that was the problem, as well the other modem, which is an ECI and they both work fine at my mates place. very confusing.

I have just done a check using the test socket and the filter Plusnet supplied, same results,, Huawae will sync, the ECI and hub one will not. very strange. i even made a video of of them, which is really boring and with my phone, so quality is naff Smiley 

I connected the hub one via the wan last night to the modem that was connected, just to see if it would update, which it did, but it made made no difference.  I have ordered a huawie modem of the net, to keep me connected as at some point I have to give my neighbours theirs back, but is very confusing. 

ad47uk
Grafter

The hub and other modem is fine as I took them both to my mates place and they connected with no problem.

Just a late add on, BTOR is here, they have confirmed there is a problem and he have gone to the cabinet, he is as confused as I am why one will connect and the others will not, I even tried the Huawie modem I got from Ebay and that connects like my neighbours do. Anyway, we will see what he says when he come back from the cabinet.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Keep us posted on this, it'd be interesting to know the outcome of the engineer investigation.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've discussed this with our products team. As it looks like there may be a compatibility issue between the Hub One and the cabinet you're connected to, we're sending you a different type of fibre router. It'll be a ZyXEL.

Can you let us know how it goes when you receive it?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ad47uk
Grafter

Well worth a go, thanks. According to the BTOR engineer, it is still doing the same thing at the cabinet as it is doing here with his equipment, in that his equipment will not sync. He have phoned their I presume support desk and they said it should be working, so he said to keep it as i have got it as it is working and they will look into it. 

I am so happy to confuse a lot of people certainly ones that knows about this stuff Smiley

I will let you know when I get the other router.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I am so happy to confuse a lot of people certainly ones that knows about this stuff Smiley

Roll_eyes

I will let you know when I get the other router.

Keep us posted Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet