cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still getting intermittent disconnects

fullofflowers
Dabbler

Still getting intermittent disconnects

Ever since I moved to Plusnet last year I have been unhappy with the service provided.

I have logged problems and had an engineer out but still the disconnection problems continue.

I also spoke to someone who wanted to close one of my logged problems and said I wasn't happy for it to be closed but he was very dismissive and basically said tough we consider 6 disconnects a day within normal parameters.

So here I go again....

Looking at my router log i can see this message ath00: STA 60:af:6d:52:be:c5 IEEE 802.11: WiFi registration failed 6 times between 6pm and 9pm.

I am not particularly techie so can anyone give me some more help on what my next step should be.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Re: Still getting intermittent disconnects

Hey @fullofflowers

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 

I am sorry to hear you are still experiencing these issues and I apologise for the inconvenience caused. 

I have ran a few tests over your broadband and telephone services, the results are below: 

Test OutcomePass

Test Outcome CodeGTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000

DescriptionGEA service test completed and no fault found .

Main Fault LocationOK

Sync StatusIn Sync

Downstream Speed74.1 Mbps

Upstream Speed19.8 Mbps

Appointment RequiredN

Fault Report AdvisedN

NTE Power StatusPowerOn

Voice Line Test ResultPass

Bridge TapNot Detected

Repetitive Electrical Impulse NoiseNot Detected

Estimated Line Length In Metres448.9

Upstream Rate AssessmentVery Good

Downstream Rate AssessmentGood

Interference PatternNot Detected

Service ImpactNo Impact Observed

Home Wiring ProblemNot Detected

Downstream Policing Discard Rate0.0

Customer Traffic LevelUpstream and Downstream Traffic Detected

TechnologyVDSL

Profile Name0.128M-80M Downstream 3dB, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off

From this, its showing your speed and connection is stable and at what we expect from your line, a RADIUS test shows only one drop in connection over the past 7 days of service history this would indicate a healthy and stable line.

Are you using a wireless or wired connections? If you are indeed using wireless it may be worth splitting the frequencies and changing the wireless channels that your router is broadcasting over. Information on how you can do this can be found here. 

Please let us know how you get on.  

Kind Regards,

Mor

amremovals

Also having the same connection problems for the last 3 months. plusnet basically say no problem as all good at our end and showing no faults. Had an openreach guy round and found faults and repaired, still unresolved, new router, still unresolved, two computer engineers called round saying fault lies with PlusNet. Phoned Jan, Feb and maybe 6 times in March, cant cancel my contract as tech say there is no problem. Absolute farce and the customer service is diabolical just past around from operator to operator who have no authority to do anything. No leadership and impossible to speak to a manager.

And don't get me started about the phone line, due to admission from plusnet their operator was wrong when changing my contract (listened to original call) no outgoing calls allowed.

A plusnet customer of six years.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter.

fullofflowers
Dabbler

Thanks for the prompt reply!

Yes i am using wifi. What really puzzles me is that I had wifi with Sky and BT and never had any issues. It's only since moving to Plusnet that I have these disconnects.

Think I have already tried your suggestions when I last contacted  Plusnet back last year but I'll give them another go.

Think I'll have a fiddle with the router position and see if that helps as well.

I'll let you know how I get on.