cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stats

dazeon

Stats

Hello,
I've been running PlusNet Fibre Extra for around two weeks now.
Overall I'm pretty happy with the service so far but have been getting some eratic speed test results and a couple of connection drops.
I do need to run a new ethernet cable to my home office, but I am seeing anywhere from 25/9-58/18 over Powerline and Wi-Fi, which I appreciate are not ideal for testing speed.
Anyway, I have ditched the ECI modem and am using a Netgear VDSL router. Having checked my router stats I am seeing around 90/28 which was a bit of a surprise!
Therefore, I would be grateful if somebody could take a look at the attached screenshot and tell me if something suspicious is going on, or if the stats look OK?
I know a little about noise and SNR on ADSL but nothing about how FTTC should look.
Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Stats

I think the Netgear router is reporting the actual max attainable rate rather then the sync.
Here's what we see for example.
Your sync is perfect and you have no interleaving on at all so to me everything looks fine.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Stats

It might be your Powerline/WiFi - they aren't ideal replacements for wired unfortunately.