cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static IP

dlipner

Static IP

Hi this is my first post so be gentle with me!

I have recently (actually a few weeks ago) purchased the static IP bolt on and it is showing under my add ons. However, when I click configure static IP, my current status says : Dynamic IP. When I reboot my router, I get a new IP address. How do I stop this from happening?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 190

Re: Static IP

@dlipner  Welcome to the forum.

How many times have you rebooted your hub? After you set up your static address you have to reboot once to change to your static one. You must not configure/adjust any other settings on you hub. You will be automatically allocated the same IP address. If you fiddle with other settings you will not be properly routed through the Plusnet gateway.

If your IP address is changing after one reboot then Plusnet have screwed up and the fixed address has not been applied.

adam945
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 13

Hi @dlipner

Thanks a lot for reaching out. I've had a look into the account and have found that while the Static IP component was added, it was not activated.

I've processed this for you, so an IP address should be assigned shortly. Give us a shout if you need any further assistance.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
adam945
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 13

@dlipner

Please reset your router and let me know if you continue to have problems at all.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
dlipner

I have reset my router but the plus net add on page still says I'm using a dynamic IP. Not sure how long it takes to update?
Thanks for the help by the way
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 63

Hi @dlipner,

I'm sorry to hear that's the case. I've reviewed the account and I think there may have been an error with the IP assigned. I've removed the component and re-added it now and the same issue I'd seen earlier this afternoon hasn't reoccurred so fingers crossed this has sorted it now. You may need to reboot your router for the new IP Address to be assigned.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team