cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static IP

dlipner

Static IP

Hi this is my first post so be gentle with me!

I have recently (actually a few weeks ago) purchased the static IP bolt on and it is showing under my add ons. However, when I click configure static IP, my current status says : Dynamic IP. When I reboot my router, I get a new IP address. How do I stop this from happening?

Thanks

16 REPLIES 16
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Static IP

@dlipner  Welcome to the forum.

How many times have you rebooted your hub? After you set up your static address you have to reboot once to change to your static one. You must not configure/adjust any other settings on you hub. You will be automatically allocated the same IP address. If you fiddle with other settings you will not be properly routed through the Plusnet gateway.

If your IP address is changing after one reboot then Plusnet have screwed up and the fixed address has not been applied.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hi @dlipner

Thanks a lot for reaching out. I've had a look into the account and have found that while the Static IP component was added, it was not activated.

I've processed this for you, so an IP address should be assigned shortly. Give us a shout if you need any further assistance.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@dlipner

Please reset your router and let me know if you continue to have problems at all.

Adam
dlipner

I have reset my router but the plus net add on page still says I'm using a dynamic IP. Not sure how long it takes to update?
Thanks for the help by the way
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @dlipner,

I'm sorry to hear that's the case. I've reviewed the account and I think there may have been an error with the IP assigned. I've removed the component and re-added it now and the same issue I'd seen earlier this afternoon hasn't reoccurred so fingers crossed this has sorted it now. You may need to reboot your router for the new IP Address to be assigned.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
dlipner

Hi many thanks for the help, this is all working for me now, although I note that I have been billed twice for a static IP. Can I confirm - is the £5 charge a one-off or a recurring charge each month - I have been charged £5 for a static IP both on this months bill and last months.

Thanks again,

D

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

is the £5 charge a one-off or a recurring charge each month - I

@dlipner its a one-off charge

I suspect @TheMightyAJ forgot to apply a credit when he removed and reaapplied it to attempt to fix the problem. I'm sure he'll do it when he sees this

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @dlipner,

Apologies for the confusion surrounding this. As @MisterW has suggested this is a one off charge and shouldn't be charged on any further bills, as long as the component remains active. Regarding the charges, I've sent a support ticket in response, which can be read and responded to here. Once you've had the chance to read and respond to the ticket, please let us know and we'll be happy to pick this back up for review as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
dlipner

Thanks I have read and responded.
D
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for getting back to us @dlipner. I've updated the ticket following your response.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
baz153677

I'm having the same problem, I signed up last Friday and still the Static IP has not been applied, I have spoken to PlusNet and raised a ticket and getting nowhere.

My speed is also below the guaranteed

Tags (1)
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hello @baz153677

Looks like this matter has been raised to our HLE Team who have just sent you an email. Please reset your router and let me know if this has worked, I'll feed this back to your case handler. Smiley

Adam
baz153677

Thank you, this is now resolved, now onto sorting the speed issue.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for getting back to me @baz153677

The Ticket is still open with our Customer Advocates Team, so if you'd just like to communicate with your case handler via the ticket, I'm sure they'll address all of your concerns. Smiley

Adam