Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static IP

jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Static IP

It would seem i have been put onto a static IP for which i have not ordered or requested and it would be worth others checking in your connections settings panel as this is where i found i had been moved to a static IP .
6 REPLIES 6
dannyboy75
Rising Star

Re: Static IP

Don't say it too loud - everyone will want one Wink
Seriously though, most people pay extra for static IP's. I'd keep quiet if I were you Smiley
Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: dannyboy75
Seriously though, most people pay extra for static IP's. I'd keep quiet if I were you Smiley
But the world is running out!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh2sWSVRrmo
deathtrap
Grafter

I could understand the op posting about it if they where being charged for something that they didn't order, but it would appear they have got a free bonus and yet they are moaning,lol
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Some people don't like a static IP for security reasons.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Harro
Grafter

Dont think you need to worry about security with static IP.  Plusnet has a firewall in the members section that you can turn on if your that worried
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@jamesanstee
We've had to do this as a temporary measure, there should be absolutely no risk to you and we're doing this free of charge.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team