Did you mean: 

Static IP speed drop.

FIXED
rd1956
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Static IP speed drop.

Hello.

WIth the recent buffering issue with Youtube & Netflix etc, I have had a static IP added which does seem to have resolved the problem.

However, my speed has dropped from 37 to 13 - 14, upload is normal at 9.

I noticed another topic on the forum with someone else who had the same issue and their speed was corrected, could this be done for me?

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Static-IP-and-reduced-download-speed/m-p/1756449#M1145...

Best Regards.

Robert.

9 REPLIES 9
rd1956
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Re: Static IP speed drop.

Fix

Quick update, issue resolved.

Called again and the rep changed my profile to match my speed and everything is now working as before.

MPC
Grafter

Glad you got it resolved.

I have something similar - around 1pm yesterday my line dropped from 44/7 to 16/0.3.

I am on a static IP addresses, but also have a strange issue where I can receive phone calls, but can't make them!

I was told I need to wait for an openreach engineer (18th Aug), but the other symptoms sound the same.

If there's anyone from PlusNet reading the forum than can try to reset the profile to match my service before Tuesday, I'd appreciate it if you could try!  ( Question 205007245 )

Thanks,

Mark

Buttercup
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi @MPC, fingers crossed the engineer fixes the issue - I've gone ahead and changed your speed profile just in case this makes a difference, please let me know if it does.

Jess Moore
 Plusnet Help Team
MPC
Grafter

Hi Buttercup,

Thank you very much for trying but that hasn't made a difference.  After I restarted the OnePlus hub:

5. DSL uptime: 0 days, 00:01:33
6. Data rate: 366 / 16519
7. Maximum data rate: 379 / 23339
8. Noise margin: 6.4 / 8.0
9. Line attenuation: 40.5 / 35.4
10. Signal attenuation: 11.1 / 33.9

Hopefully the engineer will be able to track the fault on Tuesday.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Sincerely

Mark

MPC
Grafter

Hi Buttercup,

Just to follow up and update...

The phone line fault is fixed (I get a dial tone and can make calls again)!

The sync speed is back to something more normal for my line pre-fault!  ( 20% slower than before but better than 95% slower during the fault! )

However, 5 days later and speed tests still show that the line appears to be stuck at 15 mbps down and it isn't recovering.

I'm waiting on a reply to an open question, but if you were able to try the line reset again now that the phone fault has been cleared, that would be brilliant!

Thanks!

Mark

PS. Still slightly amazed that the FTTC was working at all during the phone fault!

MPC
Grafter

Final update on this - phone support ran some checks today and had me reset the Hub One as everything else checked out.

After the Hub One reboot (press and hold the reset button on the top of the hub for 5 seconds), download speed is back to just under the sync speed.

Cheers,

Mark

Amyhough88

Good morning,

I am new to plusnet community and I'm not sure how I start my own post but I'm having the same problem. The internet keeps dropping and I can't watch Netflix, sky or disney+. Every time I retry to connect it is connecting to a 192 IP address not my static IP.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Amy

MPC
Grafter

Hi Amy,

The script at the call centre goes something like:

1. When you pick up your phone, do you have a dial tone and is there any crackling?  If so, then this is a phone line fault and we'll have to arrange an engineer (this was my original issue in August).

2. If not, have you added or changed anything connected to the phone sockets or extensions, or the router since when this started?  If so, try putting it back to how it was before and see if the internet keeps dropping.

3. If nothing has changed, then fully turning off the modem at the wall, waiting a couple of minutes and turning it back on should put the router back into a known state and might fix things (this worked for me to get the sync speed higher, but I wasn't having connection drops).

3. If it is still dropping, then depending on the type of master socket you have, the options are a bit different.  If you have a 'dangle microfilter' with phone and router plugged into it, connected to the master socket, do you have a spare one to swap to see if the microfilter is the problem?  If you are using a dangle filter, then all the extensions in the house should have one if they're in use.

4. If you have one of the newer BT master sockets (NTE5A or NTE5C) then the microfilter is built in.  The advice appears to then be to access the test socket and use a 'dangle microfilter' to try to isolate the fault to the phoneline up to the demarkation point of resonsibility of open reach (the test socket).  But if you're at this point, then you're best talking to the phone support on 0800 432 0200, follow the options for faults (1-1-3, I think) so they can talk you through the exact fault finding process.

Good luck!

Mark

Amyhough88

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your reply I will try this and let you know how I get on.

Thanks again

Amy