Did you mean: 

Static IP Address

FIXED
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Static IP Address

Hi

Is it possible to have the static IP removed from my account since my static IP is causing issues when attempting to use UberEats website with it giving me food outlets for sheffield and clearly i don't live there .

11 REPLIES 11
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

Re: Static IP Address

Speaking to someone on the live chat plusnet claim i do not have a static ip on my account which i clearly do and are saying they cannot remove it with all the hassles with plusnet this is giving me one more reason to leave 

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Surely if you enter your destination address into the app it will default to your local area? IP location in this country is hopelessly inaccurate. I can get three totally different parts of the country from different databases.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

I did try putting in my details manually but the app and deskptop version of uber eats kept coming up with im too far away , plusnet claim there is no static ip on my account but clearly there is as it's the same ip i've had for the last 2 years .

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Ubereats does not use your IP, you need to enter at the very least your post code.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Even if you're on a dynamic IP,  these days the allocated IP is 'sticky'.  They are allocated from much smaller, local, pools and unless your connection is dropped for a reasonably long period, then there is a very good chance you will be allocated the same IP. If you actually have a static IP then it will be shown in the ' broadband details' section if you login to the member centre.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

markv
Rising Star

You control that yourself.

Log on to Plusnet Member Centre, go Broadband, Static IP and follow the link in Adding or removing a Static IP.

But have a think before you do that. WHY did you request a static IP in the first place? If no particular reason, then go ahead and drop it.

But if you had a good reason (are you hosting a website or something?), then dropping it could cause you a lot of grief.

I know nothing about UberEats but perhaps you can log in and give them your address which could be stored in a cookie, thus bypassing the problem the static IP is causing?

Mark

jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

The static IP was allocated to me a few years ago when i was having connectivity issues plusnet decided to switch it to a static ip to see if it resolved the issue but turned out to be congestion at the exchange but that got fix and static ip never got took back off i have looked in my account settings and  its showing no static IP details it did previously show prior to the new billing system being rolled out.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Ah!  If it was added as a trial and doesn't appear in your account, that would explain why the CSC don't think it's static!

You probably need one of the PN help team to manually remove it...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @jamesanstee, I'm sorry to see how this has been handled when you contacted us to try and remove the static IP.

I've raised a ticket on your account regarding this Here. Once you've replied via the ticket confirming you're happy for the static IP to be removed, I'll get that actioned as soon as possible for you.

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

@HarryB have replied to the open ticket.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Fix

Cheers @jamesanstee, I've updated the account accordingly for you. If you drop your connection and reconnect, you should reconnect on a dynamic IP.

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet