Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static IP Address

FIXED
ginganutz

Static IP Address

Hi,

I've just tried enabling this on my line and I get a garbled error - webchat rather unhelpfully stated this is no longer an option but it's still all over the FAQs and in the portal - is this no longer something I can enable?

7 REPLIES 7
ckcomputing
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Static IP Address

Hi @ginganutz

If you're on a Plusnet home product as opposed to a business product, there is a £5.00 setup charge for a static IP address.

Brian

Professionals are predictable - it's the amateurs that are dangerous!
ckcomputing
Rising Star

Fix

Hi @ginganutz

Adding or removing a Static IP

If you'd like to add or remove a Static IP please raise a Ticket or call the Support Team on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200

Brian

ginganutz

This is fine, happy to pay the one off fiver. I've read all that and followed the addon link to try and activate it but that appears broken!

Edit:

Managed to open a ticket, thanks for the link.

Hopefully it is still an option and the person on the live chat was just mistaken.

ckcomputing
Rising Star

@ginganutz

They'll soon let you know via the ticket system.

Brian

ukguy1
Aspiring Pro

was it still an option? I need a second account at another address and will need a static ip there too

ginganutz

Yes - although in the end I did it myself via the new portal.

Then had to contact the twitter team to get a refund on the first £5 that didn't work but was still added to my bill.

Then a few days after I finally resolved it all someone finally got back to me on the ticket 3 weeks after I opened it, which I note despite saying copied to my email address on it no such email ever arrived.

Not a great first interaction with support all in all!

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @ukguy1, you should be able to add a static IP by logging in to the account you want to add the static IP to and going to the add-ons section here: https://www.plus.net/AddOns.html

However, if you're having any problems with this, please do let us know and we'll get a ticket raised on the account to get this added.

@ginganutz, I'm sorry to hear of the experience you've had. I'm afraid the credit for the duplicate static IP payment wasn't actually added to the account until after the invoice had been generated, however this should be deducted from your next bill.

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet