cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Started new contract and the speed has dropped

2010dsc
Grafter

Started new contract and the speed has dropped

After years of being with you without a contract I decided to take one of your offers and signed up for a twelve month contract.  Within a few days my speed dropped from 42 - 50 Mbps to a steady 36 Mbps.  BT broadband availability checker says 50.5 high and 35 low.  Has something happened to restrict my download speed?  BT broadband availability checker screenshot attached.

Many thanks David

7 REPLIES 7
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 274

Re: Started new contract and the speed has dropped

@2010dsc For help from the Community:

For Community members to be able to help, information from these two sites, as screenshots:-

BT Broadband(obscuring your phone number) and BTW Performance Tester - Over a wired (ethernet) connection, please report the 'ADDITIONAL DIAGNOSTICS', and sight of the HELP DESK tab from your Hub would be a start.

It may also be a good idea to report the results of a Quiet Line Test - dial 17070 option 2 from a (preferably corded) phone. After the confirmation of your phone number, there should be total silence apart from the regular 'Quiet Line Test' announcement. Any other noise - report a PHONE fault first.

Ignore the first item on that list - you've already provided it.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 425

@2010dsc 

My guess is that you have signed up, or been accidentally put on the 40/10 service.

To be honest this is possibly your most sensible option. There is little advantage on this connection in you paying more for 80/20 fibre extra.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jab1
Legend

Agreed @Baldrick1  - but if the OP is prepared to pay the extra...? Also, if it is a network issue, dropping to the 40/10 product may also see a problem?

John
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 99

Thanks for getting in touch @2010dsc, I'm sorry to see you are experiencing an issue with your speed.

I have checked the line and it is stable with 40Mbps running down the line from our side which is the speed included with the package you had taken.

The estimated speeds as part of that contract were sent here, please get back in touch if you need any further help.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
jab1
Legend

So the OP is on 40/10.

John
2010dsc
Grafter

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and everybody else who has replied.  I don't recall any mention of a drop in speed if I took up your offer for a 12 month contract at a reduced price. However if that is the case, I have nothing to complain about as I am very happy with my £14 per month reduction.

Many thanks

David

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 99

It is @jab1 Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team