Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start date to my contract and engineer visit date

ew0683
Hooked

Start date to my contract and engineer visit date

Hello,

Am abroad at the moment trying to set up broadband services for my relocation.

I have just paid for the upfront fees today, I wondered if my contract will start today or will payment only commence when the installation has taken place? the engineer visit date is not until 8th August, although ideally I'd have it on 24th July but the 8th is currently the earliest available and I am unable to make any dates before 24th July.

Following from that, is there an option to change the engineer visit date further down the line?

Many thanks!

Ed

5 REPLIES 5
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: Start date to my contract and engineer visit date

Although they take the fee upfront your service period starts on the day you get internet.

Can't help with engineering dates. I'm afraid.

Brian

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

In the majority of cases, whilst emails refer to an appointment there is no need or plan for an engineer to visit your premises. It might be worth checking if you need to be available on the go live day.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @ew0683,

Thanks for getting in touch. The initial payment will cover your first month of services so if your services were to go live on the 8th of August this payment would cover you up to the 7th of September and the next bill would be produced on the 8th of September.

If you would like to change your activation date I'd recommend that you contact our provisioning team on 0800 432 0200. The team are available from 9am - 9pm Monday - Friday 9am - 5.30pm on Saturday and you'd need to select the "I'm calling about an order" option from the IVR. This team will also be able to check whether the engineer would need to visit your property or if the activation can be completed externally. Please be aware that we can't rearrange an appointment if you contact us within 48 hours of the appointment date/timeslot.

Regards,
Emily

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
ew0683
Hooked

Thank you for all the replies!

Emily - is there an email that I can get in touch with? I'm struggling to get a stable phone line as I am overseas at the moment.

Many thanks!

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, we don't provide support via email but we do have web chat available via our website if you wanted to get in touch that way. - Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team