cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard email?

MrTec14

Standard email?

Hi all,
I am due  to switch to plusnet today. My bt fibre service ceased some point early this morning. I just recieved an email order update telling me an engineer will be visiting to install my fibre. No engineer visit was arranged on sign up 3 weeks or so ago. I'm now at work.  Was expecting to just plug in my plusnet router to open reach modem and ready to roll.  Is this just a standard email?
4 REPLIES 4
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Standard email?

Yes, it is a standard email - you should be OK.
Actually you may be luckier than some. They have appointments booked and wait in for an engineer who will never turn up as he's not needed.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
sjptd
Grafter

You should not need an engineer to make the changeover, the note is because they system hasn't quite caught up with fibre to fibre migrations.  Plusnet should do their stuff automatically, but their internal systems often don't seem to work properly (as for my migration from BT),  If you ring Plusnet service they should be ensure everything is connected correctly at their end.  0800 432 0200 in case you have limited internet access and can read this note but can't brose easily.
MrTec14

Thanks for the replies guys ,  I recieved text and email in last 30 min telling me the broadband order is complete,  just have to wait till I finished work now to try it all.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Fibre > Fibre migrations still request an engineer visit but they aren't required. As you've already got the Openreach modem you should just be able to plug in your Plusnet router, wait 10 minutes for it to set up and you should be online.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.