cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stale session?

JHewess
Grafter

Stale session?

Could someone @ Plusnet please take a look at my connection? Since around 3am it's failing to authenticate.
This happens regularly - around every 2-3 weeks or so - but my usual trick of tweaking my username in the router, saving, leaving it for a bit, and then re-entering the correct username isn't working this time.
I've also tried the BT test login, and then switching back to my username, which sometime wakes the authenticator up, and also a router restart, both with no success.

Every time I lose authentication it's always around 2 - 3 am, which makes me wonder if it's lost during a maintenance window or something.

Your assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Justin
7 REPLIES 7
JHewess
Grafter

Re: Stale session?

I've now managed to authenticate... tinkered with my password which, despite it being correct to start with, seems to have woken things up.

If someone at plusnet wouldn't mind still having a look to see what might be causing these random authentication errors though please.

Thanks,
Justin
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

@JHewess - Hi Justin,

You've had your router a while, and it seems that your connection details were deleted from TR-069 - a server that helps you auto-configure your router. I have re-added these details on for you so you shouldn't have this problem again if you disconnect. 

As for why your router lost sync in the first place, it looks like there was some maintenance in your locality last night. A bit too small for us to highlight on our service status.

Hope this helps.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
JHewess
Grafter

Brill, thanks Matty.

Does it matter that I'm using my own router?

Thanks,
Justin
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

It matters where the router you received from Plusnet is now.

Do you still have it?

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
JHewess
Grafter

I meant does it matter in respect of the TR-069. But yep, keep it in a drawer as a backup with the ECI modem, along with a backup unlocked Huawei modem I bought for testing.
Have only really used the plusnet router for the first week or so when I joined nearly 2 years ago. Have always used my own.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Ah, in that case it doesn't really matter too much what I did with the router. It's likely that the one you had issues with had problems authenticating after losing sync.

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
JHewess
Grafter

Ok, thanks Matty.

I'll have a tinker and if it keeps happening I'll give TP-Link a shout.