Fixes: 1

Speeds....

I am a FIbre Broadband user.
PN name [Removed]

The BTW test shows
Upload 12.51
Download 2.40
Ping latency 40.63

These seem to be quite appalling and an amount of web work I have to do just times out.

Any suggestions on how I can get this rectified?
Thanks, folks.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

4 REPLIES 4
12stringbassist
Grafter

Re: Speeds....

A reboot of router and modem gave me Download 14.26 / Upload 2.41 / PL 34.00, which is no good to me.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear you're having speed issues.

Our tests aren't showing any problems with the broadband signal coming into your router.

Are your devices connecting over WiFi or straight to the router using an ethernet cable?

If you're using WiFi, would you be able to try a wired connection? This will help narrow down where the problem lies. If your connection is OK that way, then it's likely the issue lies with the wireless signal and further help can be found here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Blogs/How-to-boost-your-wi-fi/ba-p/1450193

If you're still having problems using a wired connection, do you experience the same issue across multiple devices?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
12stringbassist
Grafter

I will have a fiddle with it.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @12stringbassist,

No problem, please get back to us letting us know how you get on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team