Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speeds

Chrisvesey
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Speeds

Hi,

I am on unlimited fibre extra and my download speeds have always been in the middle fiftys but recently they have dropped to the low forties or high thirties, also I sometimes lose broadband for a few moments. Tablets, phones and laptop are all on 5 and use wireless, I have nothing that connects via cable. If for some reason I can not get the full speed I may as well go for standard unlimited fibre and save a fiver a month. Everything still works ok at the lower speed. Any advice would be welcome,

Chris

3 REPLIES 3
KatieC
Pro
Fixes: 11

Re: Speeds

Hi @Chrisvesey

I am sorry to hear this.

Having tested your line today, I can see that the broadband is stable and the sync speeds (speeds being sent to your router) are in line with the Fibre Extra package that you have. Speeds that have been provided to you as estimates or guaranteed speeds, are based on a wired connection and ideally, we'd need to see results of a wired speed test to see a true reflection of the speeds that you are receiving.

Due to the technology that is wifi, we are unable to guarantee coverage or the same speeds as what you can expect to achieve over a wired connection. If you have a number of devices connected to the wifi at the same time, you can expect the signal to be slower and weaker. Often, there are a number of factors in and outside of your home which could be causing wireless interference.

Firstly, I would suggest changing the wireless channels as the one you are currently using may have become congested. You can find further information here.

Please let us know how you get on!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team
Chrisvesey
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I switched my router off and on and the speeds returned to their original levels, today they are back down again but as it is not causing a problem I shall leave things as they are,

Chris 

KatieC
Pro
Fixes: 11

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the update. Please let us know if there are any further problems!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team