cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speeds very slow

patti
Grafter

Speeds very slow

Speeds are very slow and erratic can someone please check? I cant even watch Netflix. Everything is very slow loading.

http://screenshot.co/#!/1626933871

27 REPLIES 27
hrrrbrwl
Hooked

Re: Speeds very slow

Same here.  My speeds have been atrocious for the last week. I'm constantly resetting the router and it makes a difference once out of every 6 or 7 resets.

My download speed at my last check (5 minutes ago) didn't go higher than 38Mb and it got stuck before the test even finished and the speed just dropped and dropped until I cancelled it around 35Mb.

I'm currently trying to upload a 284MB file via FTP and it's stuck on 98.7KB/s upload speed.

patti
Grafter

It's bad.. definitely needs looking into and sorting out. 

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@patti

Are you using a wired or wireless connection? What speeds are you getting (unfortunately I can't see your link)?

@hrrrbrwl

Similar queries for you really.

It's also not a good idea to reboot the router too often, this can make the exchange equipment think the line is dropping and therefore lower the speed to stabilise the connection.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
patti
Grafter

Chris it fluctuates erratically mostly but not exclusively evenings and weekends, so I would ascertain from previous advice from PN that it is a traffic issue. Currently (just now)  around 13 meg. I should be able to get more than this but it's inconsistancy is a concern. It's a wireless connection (I use a chromebook) no port for ethernet but it is obviously capable of getting a higher speed, I have clocked it over 45 megs from time to time. This problem (when it is as bad as yesterday) is frankly a real hassle. 

http://screenshot.co/#!/1653f24d78

hrrrbrwl
Hooked

Mine has been slow in the past week, the upload speed is the most annoying for me 98k is laughable, it was faster on Sky, I'm on the unlimited extra package.  I haven't changed any equipment or settings it's just started going incredibly slowly after months of being perfect.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@patti

If it's mainly at evening and weekends when it slows down, that sounds like potential congestion. Have you reported a fault through to us for investigation? We can check the SVLAN your connection is through and see if there are known capacity issues.

@hrrrbrwl

Are you on wired or wireless? Have you reported the issue to us?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
patti
Grafter

Hi Chris, I haven't reported it yet, but I will so it can be checked. Can you post a link for me to report this please, I can't seem to find it.. Thanks

patti
Grafter

Link please

I can't find the link to report a fault (speed problem) Can anyone help please?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Link please

Hi @patti

If you've already been through our troubleshooting guide Here. You can report a fault at http://faults.plus.net

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
patti
Grafter

• Thanks Harry, I think there is a problem with the report a fault. Can you have a look for me please? Thanks
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Testing the connection isn't indicating any problems. The line is in sync at the full 55Mbps download and 10Mbps upload, although I can see the speedtest you've run is showing very low throughput.

I've noticed that your connection has been connected for a pretty long time without any disconnects. Please could you try unplugging the router and plugging it back in to start a new session and see if that gives any improvements.

@patti wrote:
I think there is a problem with the report a fault.

Could you advise what sort of problem you're experiencing when trying to report the fault please. Are you getting an error message at all?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

The link works fine for me. What is it not doing? Do you get past the log in page?

patti
Grafter

This is what I see when I click on the link .. I have not filled out any specific info .. I cant see where to go to report thw fault?

Thanks, you've given us all the information we need to investigate your problem

A Ticket has been raised to our Faults Team with these details. We'll contact you as soon as we have more information and let you know what happens next.

In the meantime, we'll run some more tests on your telephone line over the next 24 hours.

You can help us by:

1. Leaving your equipment plugged in and switched on.
  2. Making sure you've given us a contact number we can reach you on. If you've given us a mobile number we'll text you to keep you updated.

Please contact us if you need to provide a different contact number, or if there's any change to the problem you're having.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Sounds you may have been there before, are you able to use a different browser?