cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speeds on Switching

FIXED
Dobby612

Speeds on Switching

Hi having just switched from standard BB to fibre unlimited I am experiencing no increase in speed from the basic package.  I have read all the literature that says it takes 14 days to settle down etc but the switchover was due to be done by BT Open Reach on the 26th June (yesterday), I received no email from Plusnet to say it had happened, the old basic router still connects happily to the internet and my suspicion is that the the switchover hasn't actually happened.  Trying to phone in is frustrating with waiting on the phone for over 30 minutes without any indication where you are in the queue.  To compound that I had to phone in and wait 40 minutes 2 days ago as the new router hadn't arrived.  The agent was really helpful but discovered it had not even been ordered let alone dispatched which adds to my worries that the switchover didn't happen yesterday.

I was expecting speed to fluctuate for the next few days but to find it is the same is disappointing especially now I am paying £10 p/m for the same service.  I am hoping someone from Tech Support picks this up?  First time user of a forum and not entirely certain how this works.  Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

Re: Speeds on Switching

Fix

It probably didn't happen but being positive, what sort of speeds do you get now and what speeds were you expecting.

Have you been to here to see what sort of speeds to expect? While the speeds might go up and down a bit, usually they establish fairly quickly (unless you have line problems). And do be aware that with DLM, its a 24/7 process i.e. even after 10 days it will still adjust the speeds as dictated by your line condition.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Dobby612

Re: Speeds on Switching

Hi Idonno - yep you are quite right - the switch didn't happen as I have just discovered when I managed to get through to Tech Support (only a 20 minute wait today)!  It seems the last email I had from Plusnet told me the switch was scheduled for 26th June however I have just been told that it is scheduled for 3rd July and the switchover still shows as pending so at least I am not being billed for something I don't have yet.  I think my only disappointment with all of this is the lack of email communication from Plusnet advising of exactly what is going on.  They could improve on this and save the time of their helpline agents if only they had kept better 2 way comms with customers as I am sure I am not the only one to have experienced this.  But on the up side it is still happening and I still have a basic connection so all is good 🙂 Thanks for your reply, much appreciate your time in doing so.