Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speeds lower than normal for several weeks

FIXED
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Speeds lower than normal for several weeks

@Baldrick1 OK - I admit to not always understanding those log reports, even after all this time. Embarrassed

John
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @spinvector,

I'm sorry to see that the speed has dropped off a bit recently. I've had a look over the account this evening and whilst line tests aren't showing any underlying faults on the line, I have made a slight adjustment to the profile on your account, which may have been causing the issue. If you reboot your router in about an hours time, we should see if this change has made any difference to your speeds. Please let us know if the speeds improve at all and we'll pick this back up for review tomorrow Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
spinvector
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Hi @TheMightyAJ , thanks for that. I've rebooted the router and I'm now seeing around 33 Mbps on the speedtest via ethernet, which is slightly better than I was getting at the top of this thread, but not as close to 40 as I used to get. I'm wondering if it had anything to do with the recent firmware update.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @spinvector

I'm sorry to see your speeds are lower than where they used to be. I've tested your line today and the tests are showing your router's getting the full 40mbps download and 10mbps upload with the profile our side at the highest of 37mbps. 

Looks like you've always had a static IP so I don't think the problem's due to the profile we hold on your account, plus the IP profile of the line will be about that, as that usually sits a few megabit below the sync speed.

When you ran the speed test, was that with your computer plugged straight into your router with no powerline adapters or switches in place? Also were all other devices switched off and nothing else open on your computer? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
spinvector
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Fix

Hi @Gandalf  - sorry for the delay getting back to you. Yes, I tested with the computer plugged directly into the router (which connects to the master socket via a mk3 faceplate). I repeated the test making sure all other devices were off or in airplane mode on a freshly booted linux box with no other applications running and the best I get is 34.2Mbps (and pretty much the same via wifi), which I guess is OK.

In fact I just tried an actual file download and got a reported 4.2 MBps (as opposed to the <3MBps I had for the past few weeks), which is what I'm used to seeing, so I think things are now back to normal. Thanks for your help, and also to @jab1@Baldrick1 , @TheMightyAJ 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @spinvector

No problem, I'm glad to see you're speed is back to normal now. ‌Thumbs_Up‌Let us know if you have further issues or there's anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet