Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speeds half after fault fixed

FIXED
RobJM
Grafter

Speeds half after fault fixed

Hi,

I recently had issues with multiple disconnection,  raised a ticket #195374097 , and engineer came and replace faceplate , also suggested replacing my cable from faceplate to router as his test found an issue there also, left router next to faceplate until I got a new cable (15m) .

Issue was sorted , however I seem to be only getting download speeds of around 20 Mbps , before the reported fault I was consistently getting around 38Mbps.

I'm wondering if something is set wrong at your end as I've seen in similar posts.

Router says 39.99/9.99 as does the BT test , but consistently only getting 20Mbps.20191031_133651.jpg20191031_141023.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Re: Speeds half after fault fixed

Hi @RobJM,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear that and appreciate the frustration here.

I've run a diagnosis test which confirms your router is connecting at the maximum level for the product.

The issue you have is likely to be associated with the Wi-Fi signal, however if you have run the speedtest via the BT Wholesale site I'd suggest using an alternative site just to check. Speed tests should always be done using an Ethernet cable to the router. You can also use a different Ethernet cable just in case it is damaged.

At this stage I can't rule out the router being the issue, if you have a different router try connecting it to see whether there is any difference.

If you need any further assistance, please let me know.

Thanks - LF

RobJM
Grafter

Hi,

Thanks for your reply , yes test done over ethernet , please see attached results.

RobJM
Grafter

Also tried different cable , only had a short one so had to move router next to master socket , and test over wifi , not ideal I know but I usual get pretty close to full speed over wifi in the same room as the router, still got the same results 20Mbps?  attached screenshots of speedtest.20191101_135150.jpg20191101_134945.jpg

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Fix

Thanks for getting back to us @RobJM

Upon further investigation ,it appears a profile on our end will have been limiting your speeds.

I've corrected this for you now and dropped your connection so you should be seeing faster speeds now.

Let us know if this isn't the case.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
RobJM
Grafter

Thanks!

That's done the trick , following is over wifi until I move my router back 🙂

20191101_171001.jpg

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Glad to hear that's done the trick!

Let us know if you have any further issues

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team