cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speeds dropped like a stone!

mattprince
Grafter

Speeds dropped like a stone!

My speeds have been dropping like a stone this last 2 weeks and am now getting buffering galore , stuttering on audio and speeds that are just pathetic.
Anybody able to help?
13 REPLIES 13
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Speeds dropped like a stone!

Diagnostics aren't showing me any obvious issues. I can see you reported a fault yesterday so we'll get back to you about that soon.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mattprince
Grafter

I had a reply off support on the member centre saying they had found a fault. Hopefully fixed soon.
Matt
mattprince
Grafter

Another night of pathetic speeds and service. I've had speeds as low as 0.1mb and as high as 43mb. More low speed than high. I've tried all night to play online on the Xbox with family and haven't managed to play a single time. Its just not acceptable. See the screenshots , the Xbox ping was nearly 4000!!!!!
No update on the support ticket , not able to watch any videos that i stream , not able to play gaming online.
I am 100000% sure than Plusnet are traffic shaping and screwing people who want to game. The speeds have risen slightly now and as its late , its not a coincidence.
If you cant provide me with a stable 60mb down and 20mb that you roped me in with/promised when i ordered, then refund my money i have paid , cancel my contract and i will go to somebody who can.

Matt
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: mattprince
I am 100000% sure than Plusnet are traffic shaping and screwing people who want to game.

You might find this interesting http://community.plus.net/blog/2012/12/21/its-unlimited-why-is-it-still-traffic-managed/
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
mattprince
Grafter

That says that xbox would get highest priority , which isnt the case with me at least. I have just run a speed test again and got 30mbps (still half what i was told i get and i normally get) and 0.1mbps on the xbox!
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

I had a reply off support on the member centre saying they had found a fault

Your speeds should increase once your fault is fixed.
mattprince
Grafter

Still no update off Plusnet. Speeds varying from almost nothing to mid 30s (on a line that can take 80mb/s)
Last night speeds on the Xbox were 2mb/s down and 2.2mb/s up. That is pathetic.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

What speeds do you see on your XBOX if you wire it in?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mattprince
Grafter

Hi,
That is wired in. Wifi was even worse. Its wired in by a Netgear Powerline.
The speed hasnt been that bad tonight up to yet but still varying wildly. For instance, ive just ran 2 speed tests on the computer (again hard wired on a powerline) and 1 was 47mb down and 18mb up and the next one was 26mb down and 4mb up!
mattprince
Grafter

I know it cant be the powerlines at fault as they have been in for ages and have always worked fine. I also took them to my parents house yesterday and connnected their PC, TV and an Xbox and they worked perfect all day.
mattprince
Grafter

Engineer been this morning. Said the line stats were showing fine. Did mention that the crosstalk was a little high? Said this wasn't wiring in the house but where the wires are bunched together in the cabinet?
What ever he has done , it is running a lot quicker this morning (58mb down and 20mb up) so don't know if he has tweaked something.
Matt
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Maybe he did a DLM reset?
mattprince
Grafter

Its evening and im still getting pretty good speeds. He's definitely done something.
Upload seems a little jittery though?