Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speeds below expected, no response to support ticket

dangerousfish_1
Grafter

Speeds below expected, no response to support ticket

Hi guys,

I logged a fault on the 16th of this month and so far the support case I raised hasn't had a response and nobody from customer service is available on the phones.

Is there any way of ensuring this hasn't slipped into an un-monitored queue or similar please?

Cheers.

5 REPLIES 5
dangerousfish_1
Grafter

Re: Speeds below expected, no response to support ticket

Anyone? Sad

dangerousfish_1
Grafter

I called the retention's team and they were able to put me through to tech..

It's been suggested that my ticket was moved to the wrong queue and by responding to the ticket to request and update I've put myself to the back of the queue Sad

Line speed has been set to 20Mb in error and I've been advised to wait a week before it can be corrected.

dangerousfish_1
Grafter

Never did get a reply to my support ticket, until I called support a few times.

First tech suggested it was a profile issue and handed it off.

Second tech found a line fault and arranged for a BT engineer to visit (Next day service!!! =O)

BT visited today and saw a fault on the copper, wiggled some cables around, saw 56Mb up to the property and then a drop to 20Mb from the router. Closed the case on their side after spending ~3hrs bouncing between poles and green boxes.

Spoke with Mark from the support team a couple of times today and he had the fantastic idea to carry out a hard button-reset of the router which has worked wonders.

Issue now resolved, seeing 4x faster speeds now.

dangerousfish_1
Grafter

I spoke too soon.

Booted up this morning to do some work and noticed pages were failing to load, checked speeds and these were down at 2Mbps.

Restarted the router with a pin reset again and this has jumped back to 46+Mbps suggesting a fault with the router perhaps?

I've logged a ticket again but these don't seem to be being picked up quickly.

Are any of the community admins able to review this support case and arrange a replacement to be sent out please?
----
TL;DR

Fault logged on 16/04

BT tech visited the property on 30/04 and resolved a fault with the copper line outside the property. After this a pin reset was required to restore speeds.

The same pin reset was also required to boost speeds from 2Mbps to 46Mbps on 01/05.

dangerousfish_1
Grafter

Adding attachment from checks this morning.