cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speeds Dropping on an evening

BillyAB
Hooked

Speeds Dropping on an evening

I have been recently getting more noticeable speed dips during an evening between 1700-2300 dropping from 56Mbps to as low as 11Mbps for several hours. My router is showing that there is no traffic on my network suggesting that the issue is not caused by it being used by me.

I do have a ticket open for having the line uncapped which you can see from the below graphs when the line was uncapped as the max speed has increased but the drop is still dropping as far down (Ticket #184037742) 

Last30Days.pngLast 30 DaysSpeed-20181113-20181120.pngLast 7 Days

5 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 9

Re: Speeds Dropping on an evening

Hi @BillyAB,

I have contacted our suppliers with regards to throughput issues and they have confirmed the virtual path that you are connected to is not over utilized.

Please run a speed test via an Ethernet cable and Internet Explorer / Microsoft Edge the next time the issue occurs. Once the initial result is completed please click Further Diagnostics then type in your phone number and click run diagnostic test. This will run a test and send the results to the server for investigation.

Let us know when you have completed the above so we can progress the issue with our suppliers.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Plusnet Help Team
BillyAB
Hooked

Thanks @Jubby 

The speeds haven't dropped since you spoke to your supplier, however I will keep checking in on the SamKnows Whitebox and if I notice the drop again, I'll carry out the above test.

Cheers

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 8

Hi @BillyAB,

That's great news, thanks for updating us.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you need anything else.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Owen P
 Plusnet Help Team
BillyAB
Hooked

@Jubby 

Unfortunately this issue is persisting, I have attached the results from the SamKnows Whitebox again for the period between your reply and today.

I have run the BT Wholesale speedtest, and tried to run further diagnostics, however it is erroring out every time with the message "Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information." See the attached screenshot

2018-11-21 to 2018-12-04.pngbt1.pngBT Results

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 8

Hi @BillyAB, thanks for the update.

On the back of those results we've re-raised the issue to BT Wholesale for further investigation.

We expect an update within the next 3 working days, at which point you'll be updated directly.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance in the meantime.

Owen P
 Plusnet Help Team