cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed too slow

FIXED
shelley100

Speed too slow

My fibre has been too slow for months on end. I'm paying for 65mb/s and most of the time get less than 20...you sent an engineer round who only got it up to 30mb/s below the speed of the previous package we were on and the whole reason I upgraded. Please sort this out properly once and for all or put us back onto the cheaper package if you cant provide the speeds for either you shouldn't be taking the money for it. 69, LL59 5DS , username shelleyplusnet.  The speed has never come close to 60mb/s so are you unable to provide this service? Send an email and I'll give you my number to get this sorted quickly.  House phone number we don't use is 01248 712062.

Thanks 

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Speed too slow

Fix

Welcome to the forums, @shelley100 , No doubt a PN Help Team staffer will be along soon, but maybe other Community members will get here first.

For Community members to be able to help, information from these two sites:-

BT Broadband(obscuring your phone number) and BTW Performance Tester - Over a wired (ethernet) connection please report the 'Additional Diagnostics', and sight of the Help Desk tab from your Hub would be a start.

It may also be a good idea to report the results of a Quiet Line Test - dial 17070 option 2 from a (preferably corded) phone. After the confirmation of you phone number, there should be total silence apart from the regular 'Quiet Line Test' announcement. Any other noise - report a PHONE fault first.

If phone test is OK then take the front off your telephone master socket, you may need to remove two screws. In behind you will find the test socket. Plug a filter in here and connect that to your hub. If it’s still dropping out then report a fault at https://faults.plus.net.

John
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@shelley100 I'm confused - my post was a request for information to enable Community members to help you - not a fix in itself.😕

John
Edinburgh_wg
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Not a good idea to put your username and phone number on the forum that can be accessed by anyone really. 

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @shelley100

Thanks a lot for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear that you've had issues with your connection speed. It looks like this has now been raised with our suppliers, and an appointment has been arranged for 22/01/22

Hope all goes well on the day, let us know what happens and we'll be more than happy to follow up. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds