cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed slower than it should be - can my profile/line be checked?

FIXED
ricom831
Dabbler

Speed slower than it should be - can my profile/line be checked?

Hi, looking for someone at PN to look at my line please?

I recently moved house and during the move VDSL was not avaialble (capacity at cabinet). Today this has now been actived however the speed isn't as fast as I would expect. I'm synced at the exchange at 39/6 however I cannot achieve more than 13mbit/sec through my PFsense router (which was moved from my last house and worked fine on a perfect 80/20 line for years).

To make matters worse, it feels like the ADSL2+ connection was faster (or maybe the same) so could the profile still be hard coded for ADSL2+ somewhere? 

I've already tried the stock router (which arrived this week so brand new) instead of my flashed ECI BFocus (below) and same sort of speeds (even though the sync is double). It's not a modem/router/client/wifi issue - it's something upstream.

thanks in advance!

speed.png

vdsl.jpg

int.png

8 REPLIES 8
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Speed slower than it should be - can my profile/line be checked?

Fix

Hi @rimcom831,

I'm sorry that you're not yet receiving your expected speed and for any inconvenience that this is has been causing you.

I've tested your line and it's currently syncing at 34.5mbps. However, your connection profile is still set to 14mbps. As you have a static IP on your account, the connection profile is capping your throughput speed. I've adjusted this now, please reboot your router and you should then be able to receive the full sync speed.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
ricom831
Dabbler

wonderful - that's fixed it - now getting more download however can you do one further thing please?

I've been messing about so much with different routers/modems that I might have interfered with the DLM stuff - I was synced at 39 which was stable for a number of hours then I swapped routers which lowered the sync. if you could reset all the DLM stuff I will then no touch anything for the next 10 days.

thanks

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @ricom831,

I'm glad to hear that's been fixed. Smiley

Regarding the DLM profile, I'm afraid that isn't something we can alter for Fibre circuits, though it should sort itself out over the coming days if the current setup is left as is, with no router reboots. If you have any further queries then please don't hesitate to let us know and we'll be happy to pick this back up for further review.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
ricom831
Dabbler

No problem - I will leave it alone for a while Smiley

thanks again to your team for resolving!

ricom831
Dabbler

Hi, could you look into this again please?

My sync speed has increased by 10mbit but i seem to have another cap at around 33mbit which was the sync speed yesterday. can you set this cap to the maximum possible on my pacakge (which is 80mbit) even though that will never be achieved? 

I did a chat earlier to sort this, told it was sorted but a couple of reboots later it's still set to 33mbit.

vdsl2.pngspeed2.png

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, I've just tested the line and the profile on our systems is set correctly at 33.4mps to match the synch speed. 

Unfortunately it would need to drop below the 30mbps minimum guaranteed speed before we could report a fault. I'd advise that you keep checking speeds 2 or 3 times per day and keep us abreast of how things are looking. 

You might want to give the troubleshooting here a try too: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/ - Adam 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ricom831
Dabbler

thanks for the reply but my modem is showing the sync speed at 43 down and 6.3 up. DSLchecker shows my estimate line speed being between 34 and 48 and observed a speed of 36 so even that is more than what you are seeing.

are you saying that the rate reported on my modem is inaccurate? I find that hard to believe since it's always been showing accurate speeds in the past (and before I moved house I was on a perfect 80mbit line with sync on the modem showing similar...). To make that clear, this is the same hardward I have used for years and until the house move everything was fine.

please check again, and please set any "caps" to the highest possible number as it's clear from the last response that a cap was in place - I'm on a fibre extra package and would expect no caps (regardless of the sync speed and distance from cabinet). My issue isn't the sync speed, it's the fact the download is 10mbit slower.

dsl.pngstats.png

thanks

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @ricom831,

I have retested the line, your sync speed is 43.5Mbps but the account connection profile was 33.4Mbps. This has now been adjusted to match your current sync rate. Could you kindly turn the router off and back on for the profile change to take effect.

If you experience drops as frequent as 3 in 24 hours or 6 in 72 hours, please connect your router to the test socket and raise a fault so we can look towards progressing the matter with our suppliers.

Thank you.

Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional