Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed slower than guaranteed?

daskinner
Grafter

Speed slower than guaranteed?

Hi.
Looking at my package and guaranteed speed I'm not sure I'm getting it based on the below. Can someone from Plusnet check?

This is from the member center;

Product: Unlimited Fibre Extra
Estimated Download Range: 62 - 72Mbps
Estimated Upload Range: 17 - 18Mbps
Minimum Guaranteed Speed: 56.3Mbps
Current Line Speed (Download): 32.4Mbps
4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Speed slower than guaranteed?

@daskinner There is something wrong there, but without more data, it is difficult to say where the error lies.

For Community members to be able to help, information from these two sites, as screenshots:-

BT Broadband(obscuring your phone number) and BTW Performance Tester - Over a wired (ethernet) connection, please report the 'ADDITIONAL DIAGNOSTICS', and sight of the broadband connection status from your Hub would be a good starting point.

For the Hub One -

Navigate from the Home Screen to Troubleshooting > Helpdesk

For the Hub Two -

Navigate from the Home Screen to Advanced Settings > Technical Log > Information

It may also be a good idea to report the results of a Quiet Line Test - dial 17070 option 2 from a (preferably corded) phone. After the confirmation of your phone number, there should be total silence apart from the regular 'Quiet Line Test' announcement. Any other noise - report a PHONE fault first.

If phone test is OK then take the front off your telephone master socket, you may need to remove two screws. In behind you will find the test socket. Plug a filter in here and connect that to your hub. If it’s still dropping out then report a fault at https://faults.plus.net.

John
daskinner
Grafter

Thanks John, I've done as you said. 

I think its the info on the members centre that's wrong as BT speed test says im getting 65mbps download and my hub connection says im connected at 76mbps - so looking at these no issue. 

I've checked the member centre again just and it still says 32mbps

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

There are a number of things wrong with the information presented in the Members centre - you've just added a new one.😉

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there,

I've updated the speed on your account now as I can see your router's getting a sync speed of 80mbps. 

This change though wouldn't affect your speeds in any way. 

Let me know if you've got any further issues and I'll be happy to help.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet