Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed slashed to 20 Mb

FIXED
Biggsy
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Speed slashed to 20 Mb

My broadband download speed is continuously a third of what I expected and about half of what I used to get. I reported the fault online on 5 September, but I've had nothing back besides an automated reply.

My broadband package was upgraded from Unlimited Fibre to Unlimited Fibre Extra on 4 September. My download speed increased from 37 to 51 Mbps for the first half day of the new service, but then dropped to 20 Mbps, and has stayed steady at 20 ever since. Upload speed is good at 18+ Mbps. Dialing tone sounds normal.

I have tested many times at various times of day, in many ways, including by wired connection. My equipment (and the way I use it) has remained the same throughout, apart from a brief period of trying a different router. Of course I've tried rebooting the router as well. I have professional IT experience (although I'm not a networks expert).

Plusnet, please switch me back to full beans. My Guaranteed Minimum speed is 54.6 Mbps, but I will accept 51. I know from BT Wholesale reports that my line is still capable of that.
==========
From speedtest.btwholesale:
Performance Test Results Report
Basic Performance Test -
Time Stamp Latency Download Upload
Thursday 10 September 2020 | 13:9:20 14 Ms 20.17 Mbps 18.66 Mbps
Advanced Performance Test -
Download Test
Download speed achieved during the test was 20.17 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 40-52.99 Mbps
Your DSL Connection Rate: 0 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM),0 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
For your connection, the maximum achievable download speed is 52.99 Mbps
IP Profile for your line is 52.99 Mbps
Upload Test
Upload speed achieved during the test was 18.66 Mbps
For your connection, the maximum achievable upload speed is 20 Mbps
IP Profile for your line is 20 Mbps
1 REPLY 1
Biggsy
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Re: Speed slashed to 20 Mb

Fix

Plusnet have now fixed it, thankfully. They said there was a problem with my account rather than the line.

Now getting 51 Mbps again (or even over 60 with probably-less-stable router settings).