Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed reset after upgrade

andyeff
Dabbler

Speed reset after upgrade

Hi all,
I've switched from Fibre Broadband to Fibre Broadband Extra earlier today. I was informed the change would go through in about 15-20 minutes, and sure enough in the account settings, I can see I am on FBE now.
However, the line is still capped at 40/2. Do I need to do anything on my end to un-cap this and let it go about reaching its new potential max speed (advised it will be between 66-80) ?
Or do I need to call the Plusnet tech support team for them to do something on their end?
Thanks in advance!
7 REPLIES 7
khile
Grafter

Re: Speed reset after upgrade

either restart your router on in setting in router click on disconnect and then reconnect new speed should sync
andyeff
Dabbler

Thanks, will give it a go!
andyeff
Dabbler

Still hitting the cap speed after a reconnect.
I take it I'm just reconnecting / rebooting on the router, not the openreach modem?  Don't want to trigger a negative DLM response by accident!
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

No, don't touch the modem as you rightly said it will effect the DLM.
It does sound like Plusnet have provision 39/2 so a phone call to them would be in order as you're paying for 80/20.
What speed have Plusnet given for you at this link https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed ? You will need to supply your Plusnet username and password. Sometimes Plusnet set this incorrectly so limiting your speed. Again a phone call or Web Chat to sort out.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
andyeff
Dabbler

That page is showing as:
Estimated line speed:
79Mb (This may vary between 59.7Mb and 79.2Mb) - Checked on 2015-12-16 13:45:20
Current line speed:
80 Mb

I'll try and get through to tech support. I was on hold for an hour earlier but had things to do so had to hang up. Maybe it's got a little more quiet now.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

I can see we've got this sorted for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
andyeff
Dabbler

Hi Matthew,
Yep, Melanie raised a question for me and advised to give it around 24 hours or so. I got in late this morning at around 2am and after a reboot, I've now been bumped up to 68/20 - absolutely delighted!