cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed question

Margaretmck

Speed question

Hi I recently upgraded to unlimited fibre broadband and was told I would get speeds between 30-40mb but today is my go live date and I just received an email saying the order we placed to change your upload speed has completed and your upload speed is now 2mbit/s but that was what I was already getting before I upgraded  Sad
7 REPLIES 7
Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Speed question

Quote from: Margaretmck
told I would get speeds between 30-40mb
Downstream.
your upload speed is now 2mbit/s
Upstream.
If you were expecting 30-40Mb/s upstream you were sadly mistaken. But if you're complaining about the downstream then..yeah. Although it should have been clear when you placed the order. Plusnet only offer 2Mb/s downstream on their up to 40Mb/s package.
Margaretmck

I was already getting 2meg afore I upgraded only upgraded as the man on the fine told me the new package would be better as I told him my kids play on the iPad and Xbox live and when my kid is on the iPad my other kid can't get on Xbox live
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

You couldn't have been getting 2Mb/s upload on ADSL - the max is about 1.2Mb/s - so can I suggest that you are getting your upload and download speeds confused
Margaretmck

Maybe I am I'm a noob when it comes to this stuff  Smiley will 2meg be ok for my sons both to go on Xbox live and the iPad ? Sorry for being a pest  Grin
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

should be - but then I am not an expert on this sort of thing
Thetwohoughs
Grafter

2mb should be sufficient in my opinion.
Whilst playing GTA Online, Rocket League etc from my PC the upload is 50-100kb/s , so as long as someone isn't maxing this out by uploading footage to youtube, then they should be fine  Wink
cedlor
Grafter

Quote from: Margaretmck
when my kid is on the iPad my other kid can't get on Xbox live

If these are both connecting by wireless that could be part of the problem. Could also be interference from neighbours wifi signals.