cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed query and IPv6?

cambanfield

Speed query and IPv6?

Hi there,

I've recently moved to Plusnet and have paid for the up to 80mbit/s plan and was shown an up to of 80 too when entering the postcode.

I now receive around 60mbit/s, still not too bad but I have recently changed modem to one that support g.inp however the line statistics do not show this as enabled. Upon investigation I am on a Huawei cab so this should be supported? I'm wondering if it's possible to get the line reset or this addition enabled, hopefully to boost the speeds up a bit more?

My second query is regarding IPv6. It seems a little quiet on the forums about this and it would be great to have some information on a potential rollout date? I'm using he.net tunnel at the moment but even selecting UK as my location the IP has a USA geo location!

Many thanks

3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 57

Re: Speed query and IPv6?

regarding g.inp it can take several weeks for the software in the cab to catch up and Plusnet can't speed it up

what are your router stats or did you just change the modem

Terranova667
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

G.INP is governed by DLM it will choose when to apply it as oldJim says this can take some time.

As for IPv6 there are no plans for a rollout any time soon.

cambanfield

Thanks for your replies both!

I'll just wait a while then, I only changed the modem last Friday so maybe I'm just being a bit impatient Tongue 

As for IPv6, that's a bit of a shame, hopefully they'll have some news soon! Once Plusnet has IPv6 my life will be complete!

Thanks,

Cameron