cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed query and IPv6?

cambanfield

Speed query and IPv6?

Hi there,

I've recently moved to Plusnet and have paid for the up to 80mbit/s plan and was shown an up to of 80 too when entering the postcode.

I now receive around 60mbit/s, still not too bad but I have recently changed modem to one that support g.inp however the line statistics do not show this as enabled. Upon investigation I am on a Huawei cab so this should be supported? I'm wondering if it's possible to get the line reset or this addition enabled, hopefully to boost the speeds up a bit more?

My second query is regarding IPv6. It seems a little quiet on the forums about this and it would be great to have some information on a potential rollout date? I'm using he.net tunnel at the moment but even selecting UK as my location the IP has a USA geo location!

Many thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Speed query and IPv6?

regarding g.inp it can take several weeks for the software in the cab to catch up and Plusnet can't speed it up

what are your router stats or did you just change the modem

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

G.INP is governed by DLM it will choose when to apply it as oldJim says this can take some time.

As for IPv6 there are no plans for a rollout any time soon.

cambanfield

Thanks for your replies both!

I'll just wait a while then, I only changed the modem last Friday so maybe I'm just being a bit impatient Tongue 

As for IPv6, that's a bit of a shame, hopefully they'll have some news soon! Once Plusnet has IPv6 my life will be complete!

Thanks,

Cameron

bigshorty40
Grafter

Hi

You mentioned you have successfully set up an HE.Net IPv6 tunnel on your Plusnet internet connection. Don't suppose you'd be able to give me some details on how to set one up successfully please? I've been trying for the last 3 days with no joy, and I'm starting to pull my hair out.

I think the main issues I'm having are the IPv6 address that needs to be entered in the LAN configuration, and what firewall rules to use and where to put them. I can get to the point where I can ping ipv6.google.com successfully in command prompt from my clients, but I can't seem to get IPv6 websites to load up on my browser.

Just so you know I'm using Opnsense as my firewall / router, so probably different to your setup, but the principle should be the same.

Any help you or anyone else can give me would be greatly appreciated.

cambanfield

Hi,

No worries! I'm using pfsense, so very similar I believe? 

Have you added a firewall rule in the LAN interface allowing all IPv6 traffic to pass? I have the following rule in place:

Action: Pass

Interface: LAN

Address Family: IPv6

Protocol: Any

Source: LAN net

Destination: any

I know these might be slightly different for Opnsense but work a start here. I'm assuming the rest of the configuration must be okay if you're able to ping!

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Cameron