Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed profile might be wrong

FIXED
devr0s
Dabbler

Speed profile might be wrong

Hi Plusnet,

I have recently moved house which you've moved over, but i think i may be on the old 35m/b profile rather than the unlimited fibre extra i upgraded to as every speed test seems to hit 35/10 rather than ~66/20. BT wholesale speedtest seems to say i have the higher download but not the upload (75/10 but no where else does.)  Could you please check my profile and confirm? (user id is nijgreen)

Thanks

Tom

bt wholesale.PNGspeedtest.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
devr0s
Dabbler

Re: Speed profile might be wrong

just checked the home hub, looks like i'm on the 40/10 profile, can this be changed to the unlimited fibre extra profile?

Thanks

homehub.PNG

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @devr0s

Thanks for highlighting this - I'll get this raised for you with our suppliers tomorrow and update you accordingly.

Best wishes

Dave

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @devr0s

Thanks for your patience whilst I investigated this for you.

Having looked at this in more depth, it appears that you're still on Fibre, rather than Fibre extra due to the initial order being delayed. I've chased this up with our suppliers and expect you to be on the correct profile/product by the end of the week - I'll keep tracking this to make sure it happens.

Best wishes

Dave

devr0s
Dabbler

Hi @randallflag
Thanks for the update Dave.
Keep is updated!
Tom
devr0s
Dabbler

Hi Dave,

Quick update, the speed profile looks better now, could you quickly confirm if i have interleaving off, then i'll mark this as resolved, cheers!

Tom

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Fix

Hi @devr0s,

I'm glad to see that you've seen some improvement from your end of things. I've tested your line today and I can see that the modify order has completed and that you should now be receiving a downstream sync rate of 63.6Mbps. Regarding interleaving, this is set to low and won't result in any major slowdown to your services.

If you do notice any further issues or if you have any further queries regarding this, please don't hesitate to get back in touch and we'll be happy to assist further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @devr0s

Thanks for your patience whilst we sorted this for you - I've just rechecked your line speed and you're in sync at around 64mb/s.

Please let us know how you get on - I fully expect you to be on the correct product/profile moving forward.

Best wishes

Dave