Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed profile has been changed

gerrymcphillips
Hooked

Speed profile has been changed

Hi,

My speed profile has been reduced to 1.885Mbps following some electrical storms.

See attached from Plusnet Router, BT Whole diagnostic results and BT Wholesale checker showing that I should be able to get 7.6Mbps on my line.

Could someone have a look at this please?

Thanks!

Gerry

5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Speed profile has been changed

@gerrymcphillips wrote:

See attached from Plusnet Router, BT Whole diagnostic results and BT Wholesale checker showing that I should be able to get 7.6Mbps on my line.

No, you should be able to get somewhere between 3.3 and 7.6 Mbps.

When were the storms? Unless the line has been banded it should recover on its own.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

gerrymcphillips
Hooked

Hi @Baldrick1 

I should have clarified - I previously had a steady 7-8Mbps connection up until a few weeks ago, around the time we had storms and the speed dropped. See attached for a couple of sample results from speedtest.net from a few months ago.

Since the IP Profile on my line (which I can see on my router and through http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/) is set to 1.85Mbps, as I understand it my download speed will not go above this.

Grateful if one of the Moderators could request a DLM reset on my line as I think this should remove the limit on my line and allow it to return to normal download speed.

Thanks,

Gerry

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Fair enough. For the record the mods are customers the same as you and I. Hopefully a Plusnet staffer will come along tomorrow and help you.  However Plusnet can only request a DLM reset if your line has been banded.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Thanks for your post @gerrymcphillips, we're sorry for our delayed response.

As the speeds are below the minimum estimates for the line (and is banded to 3.1mbps) I've raised the issue to BT Wholesale and we now await an update from them.

We'd usually expect this within the next 3 working days and will contact you directly once we do with any next steps.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance in the meantime.

gerrymcphillips
Hooked

That's great thanks Owen 👍