Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed profile has been changed - possibly after power outages

gerrymcphillips
Hooked

Speed profile has been changed - possibly after power outages

Hi,

My speed profile has been reduced to 1.9Mbps, we've had some power outages recently so not sure if that is related.

See attached from Plusnet Router, BT Whole diagnostic results and BT Wholesale checker showing that I should be able to get 7.6Mbps on my line.

Could someone have a look at this please?

Thanks!

Gerry

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Re: Speed profile has been changed - possibly after power outages

Hi @gerrymcphillips

I can see we have an open ticket thread here where we are discussing this with you, we are currently awaiting your reply in regards to the results of your home checks. Could you please give these a go and update us? 

It looks like your service is banded to 0.128-2M Download, and therefore at the moment you would not be able to reach above 2Mbps, however, as you are not yet syncing at that speed (even though it is 0.01Mbps away) we would need these checks to be completed so we can then look into an engineer & the unbanding off your line.  

Kind Regards, 

MoR

gerrymcphillips
Hooked

Hi 

Thanks for coming back on this!

I have replied to the other ticket thread you referenced, I completed the testing last night with another Plus.net colleague. I understand from this question here that your colleague opened last night that an engineer is to be booked.

However if the unbanding was removed from the line then perhaps there would be no need for an engineer?

My connection was constant since I first joined Plus.net over a year ago but for whatever reason this speed limit has been placed on my line recently. My mother lives next door to me on the same line (further from the Exchange than me), also with Plus.net and her connection speed is fine and hasn't been restricted.

Thanks!

Gerry

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @gerrymcphillips 

However if the unbanding was removed from the line then perhaps there would be no need for an engineer?

I'm afraid that as you are syncing below the banded max rate (even though its SO close) we would need to proceed as directed previously. 

I understand from this question here that your colleague opened last night that an engineer is to be booked.

I can't see any fault raised or engineer booked out against your circuit ID I'm afraid, therefore I have updated the ticket in my previous replies link to get this sorted for you. 

Please reply to the ticket and then give us a yell on here so we can move forward with getting this booked. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

gerrymcphillips
Hooked

Hi

Thanks for this.

I have replied to the ticket as suggested with time slots for the engineer.

Thanks!

Gerry

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Thanks for getting that over to us @gerrymcphillips.

As per your request we've booked in an appointment for between 08:00 & 13:00 on 28/03.

I realise that the ticket states a PM (13:00 - 18:00) appointment, this is an error.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.