cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed problems and buffering

Lindasarah
Hooked

Speed problems and buffering

I'm on unlimited fibre extra but I am having problems, signal drops if I go to other end of room, I watch some programs Online and the buffering is terrible, even on BBC I player which is a nuisance.

i did the speed test from a link in plusnet, results below

http://mybroadbandspeed.speedtestcustom.com/result/2d44d110-2191-11e9-abab-df6ec2155c61i

10 REPLIES 10
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Speed problems and buffering

Hi there, 

I've just been running some checks on your broadband connection and we're not seeing any obvious causes for that so it does sound like the problem might be specific to WiFi. 

With that in mind it would be well worth giving the checks here a try: https://goo.gl/BBd2Tu

Let us know how you get on. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Lindasarah
Hooked

Thank you, I will try that and let you know

cheers

linda

Lindasarah
Hooked

Tried all the channels and got one with a higher download rate, using that and so far it seems better watched hollyoaks on all 4 catch-up, before it stopped and started very annoying but after changing channel on router it worked ok and no pixelating

thank you

linda

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

No problem @Lindasarah,

Glad to hear changing the channel seems to have resolved the issue.

Hopefully the problem doesn't reoccur but if it does try another channel.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
Lindasarah
Hooked

Getting fed up changing channels all the time can't plusnet do something.

the buffering is horrendous and tonight got again on prime I get the following error, see attached.

ive got another year to go with plusnet, not happy at all.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Linda.

Thanks for getting back to us.

I'm afraid there's nothing we can do our side which will affect the wireless signal within your property.

Are you able to try a wired connection to compare and see if that's any better?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Lindasarah
Hooked

Hi Gandalf

how do I wire it, not sure what plugs in where, I know to put the cable into the router but unsure where it goes to. My router is next to my tv

cheers

linda

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Lindasarah,

To create a wired connection between your router and the device, you'll need an Ethernet cable, which is included in the packaging for the routers we send out. When you're connecting the two devices, you'll see there's multiple Ethernet ports (Eth 1 for example) along the back of the router. You'll need to make sure that the device you're wanting to connect also has an Ethernet port for the cable to connect into. If you're using a Smart TV, there is most likely an Ethernet port either long the side of the TV, or along the back with the other ports.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Lindasarah
Hooked

Thank you AJ for the reply, I will try that, will the wi fi work with it, for my tablet and laptop and my daughters

cheers

linda

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Lindasarah,

To clarify, Wi-Fi and Ethernet connections from the router work simultaneously and shouldn't interfere with one another. That being said, if you do experience any issues with either of these then please let us know and we'll be happy to offer our assistance.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team