Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed problem

FIXED
Parsley12
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

Re: Speed problem

PN have now issued a ticket for this problem and are looking into it further so, fingers crossed, they can find something wrong otherwise I'll have to downgrade back to fibre.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Parsley, thanks for getting back to us and I'm sorry to hear you're seeing lower speeds than expected on your devices. Checking from this side I can see 76.6Mbps download and 20Mbps upload is currently getting to the rotuer with no signs of errors or issues. I can see the advisor you've spoken to looks to have passed the faults ticke back  to the faults team however I believe looking at the testing they would advise you to check a few things your side to hopefully get to the bottom of why your devices aren't matching the speeds of others.

I'd suggest as a first step to hopefully get to the bottom of this issue to firstly make sure that both the laptops you're testing the speeds on have been turned off and abck on since the engineer visit.
If the issue persists my next advise would be to facotry reset the rotuer and see if this causes the speeds to jump back up to where expected. This can be done by pressing a pin, cocktail stick etc.. into the "reset hole on the back of the router for 5-15 seconds. You should see the router reboot and then within a few minutes hopefully this may have resolved the issue you're seeing.

Let us know how it goes and by all means if the issues persis we'll investigate further.

Parsley12
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

Fix

Wow, why didn't I think of that (or the engineer for that matter)!!  I turned the laptop off/on, reset the router and hey presto have got 5 speed tests all consistent at 68 mbps, just hope it lasts.   Many many thanks for your advice. 

Can you cancel the ticket for me please?

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Thanks for letting us know @Parsley12

If we can ever be of more assistance please don't hesitate to get in touch. 

Thanks, 

MoR