cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed on Mobile Devices

nxcoldn

Speed on Mobile Devices

Hi All,

I've recently joined Plusnet (switching from BT) with my broadband line officially going live yesterday. I know it's early but I wanted to ask a question regarding the speeds on mobile devices. I'm getting really good speeds on my laptop (around 30mb/s) but on my iPhone and other iPhones in the house i'm getting less then 1mb/s.

I'm using my own router an Apple AirPort which i've adjusted to accept the PPoE settings and it's working great at home but strange to be having these speed issues only on iPhones. I thought it could be wireless related but as the hardware hasn't changed in my house it's strange!

Any advice/solutions would be great!

3 REPLIES 3
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Re: Speed on Mobile Devices

It might be related to the wireless channel number, Try changing it to the same as you have on your airport one.
nxcoldn

I only use the one router - I have the openreach modem connected to the airport. It seems to be okay at the moment but just wondering if this has anything to do with traffic prioritisation?

HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Sorry misread your post. If nothing else has changed. Then would still run a wifi analyser to see if someone else is using the same channel.
If you can get good speeds wired then it isn't priority related