cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed of new FTTC connection

fairyglobe
Hooked

Speed of new FTTC connection

Had Fibre installed today coming over from the ADSL line and the download speed is still the same as it was before and I'm just wondering how long it will take the current line speed to be updated.
Thank-you.
Estimated line speed:
40Mb (Download speed could vary depending on line conditions. Estimates are the maximum speeds that your phone line can support. These speeds are dependent on the package you choose.) - Checked on 2014-10-13 20:43:32
Current line speed:
1.7 Mb
6 REPLIES 6
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Speed of new FTTC connection

Hi,
I've changed your profile at our side to the FTTC speeds for you.
Please reconnect to the internet and you should be OK at about 60mbit down.
If you have any further problems, please reply here and we'll pick it up in the morning.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
gofaster
Rising Star

This really is becoming a F.A.Q.
With the number of times I see it being asked here, I can only imagine the number of calls to support there must be.
Couldn't a line be added to an email explaining that it might take a few hours before the PN end of things updates?
pkdos

Sorry to be another impatient upgrader, but I have had my fibre connection since Tuesday and my Download Speed remains fixed at around 7Mbs even though my upload speed is now at 17Mbs.  Is there anything plusnet can do for me?
petecov44
Grafter

Yes they need to change the speed you could call them and ask or wait for them to reply here.
It's not always the case (although seems it should be) The line speed on my parents line yesterday was changed before FTTC was installed and then it messed up and was forced back to the ADSL profile - so maybe having it done after is the right way. It does say they will check after 24 hours (or 48?) to see if the profile has changed but it should be auto I am sure Dev could sort that.
pkdos

Thanks, I've called them and they are sorting it!
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Hi,
I've just checked your profile and it's been updated. If you still see the old speeds, please disconnect and reconnect and all should be well.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team