cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed nowhere near as fast as it should be...

FIXED
Ezio76
Hooked

Speed nowhere near as fast as it should be...

Hi, I recently moved house and upgraded to Unlimited Fibre back in mid-October. I was promised speeds for download between 38-40Mbps and upload between 8-10Mb. Having recently run some speed tests it seems I'm getting download speeds from between 9 to 14Mbps and upload from anywhere between 5 to 7. I've run these tests from the master socket and both wired and wireless are yielding the same kind of results

Any advice or insights would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Speed nowhere near as fast as it should be...

Hi there, 

I've just tested your line and we're not seeing signs of any obvious causes for the issue, however as you're also seeing reduced speeds to the level you've mentioned on a wired connection it does sound like an issue with the connection's throughput speeds. 

Once you've made sure that the steps here have all been followed: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/ it would then be best to raise a fault with us at http://faults.plus.net

Please drop me a reply back here when you have and we'll get that reported with Openreach for you to get it investigated further. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Ezio76
Hooked

Hi, thank you for responding. After running more tests and so forth I've reported the fault via the link.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Fix

Thanks for getting back to us @Ezio76

Upon further investigation, it appears that there was a profile applied to your account that was restricting your speeds.

I've removed this for you now and if you run another speed test you should see an increase.

If that doesn't happen let us know and we'll investigate further

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Ezio76
Hooked

Well, I just ran a test and my speed has rocketed back up to about 37Mb! I'm not quite sure what you mean by there being a profile applied to my account but lifting it has certainly done the trick, thank you!!!

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

That's great to hear @Ezio76.

Do give us a nudge if you need further assistance.

Thanks.