Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed not increased after recent switch to fibre

FIXED
scott488
Hooked

Speed not increased after recent switch to fibre

Had the email a couple of weeks ago saying my upgrade was complete, after a check with PN I was informed the work was to be completed at the cabinet today.

I have checked this evening and there has been no change to my download speed.

Could someone ease confirm if the work was carried out today before we start looking at other causes to the lack of increased speed.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Muddajo

Re: Speed not increased after recent switch to fibre

@scott488 wrote:

Had the email a couple of weeks ago saying my upgrade was complete, after a check with PN I was informed the work was to be completed at the cabinet today.

I have checked this evening and there has been no change to my download speed.

Could someone ease confirm if the work was carried out today before we start looking at other causes to the lack of increased speed.

Thanks

Hi there I recently changed to super fast fibre and my speed is still very slow and internet access is almost impossible
Totally fed up with plus net and their useless service

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

If the work has been done recently but the package on the account change earlier than expected, this will cause our system to limited you to the ADSL speeds you were previously getting as per the reports we get from BT Wholesale, I should be in the office within the next hour and will check things over to get the speeds where they should be Smiley 

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Fix

Should all be sorted now, if you restart your router once you should start getting the expected speeds Smiley 

Let me know if there are any more issues

scott488
Hooked

Thanks Darkfire, all seems to be working fine now I've rebooted the router again.