cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed nearly halved since I joined

Jazbur123

Speed nearly halved since I joined

Hi,

Ive been a Plusnet member for a few years now and my fibre speed has been slowly dropping with time.  Initially I used to get 18mbps (the fasted speed my line can support) on WiFi and was happy enough with that.  Fast forward to today and my current speed tests show 10mbps, nearly half of what I used to get.  Why has this happened and what can I do to fix it?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

Re: Speed nearly halved since I joined

Can you try a wired connection? This should rule out or confirm the wireless as an issue.

Jazbur123

Re: Speed nearly halved since I joined

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.  Having tested both Wi-fi and Ethernet I can confirm that both are very similar, and clock in around 11.5mbps.  My speeds were 18-19 during 2015-2017, then I’ve noticed a gradual slowing down every month since.  Now I know 7-8mbps is not a lot for some people, but when my max line speed is 19mbps it is a significant drop for me.

i haven’t changed any equipment in my set up and I don’t have loads of devices connected.  I have been watching more streaming services lately, maybe my unlimited service has been limited?  I don’t know.

cheers,

jason.