cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed keeps dropping

NickB

Speed keeps dropping

I recently suffered a really degraded service with my fibre dropping below the minimum guaranteed speed. After an engineer visit this was fully rectified and my speeds increased considerably. 

In in the last few weeks, despite my router syncing at 67mbps, I only getting between 20-30mbps, fixes on restart but eventually dropped again. All other connection details are exactly as they should be. 

Maybe be a coincide but I also found a 'closed question' advising my circuit has changed. I didn't ask to. Hangs circuits and I have no idea why, is it possible that this is the issue? 

3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Speed keeps dropping

Hi Nick,

Are the slowdowns at particular times of the day? I can see previously we were advised that the VLAN you were connected to was over utlilised but that's now been resolved so shouldn't be the cause.

fixes on restart but eventually dropped again

That often happens if the upload is being completely used, however it doesn't appear to be the case. However next time you see the slowdowns try pausing anything that's uploading and testing again.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
NickB

Hi Chris,

I think the issue has been created since the circuit I was on changed. This doesn't occur at any specific time, it just seems to occur within 12hrs of a reboot (random length of times) and then gets stuck at 30mb download, upload remains at 18mb. There are no uploads running. I have run the BT wholespeed test and that has failed, stating a service call needs to be logged. Maybe putting me back to the previous circuit will resolve?

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The 'circuit' change is moving you over to our new network, moving you back isn't really an option as we'll eventually be shutting the older network down.

Can you report a fault to us at https://faults.plus.net

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.