cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed keeps dropping to less than half that guaranteed.

FIXED
astare
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: Speed keeps dropping to less than half that guaranteed.

Dear jab1,

My BT Business Smart Hub arrived this morning and is now set up and working well. I should like to thank whoever it was who posted such clear instructions, which made it a doddle. The only moan is that it's larger than the Plusnet router and won't fit on the shelf under our freesat box! I've had to find a new position for it but my wife is not happy with that! 

Now I'll find out whether it cures the persistent speed drop, which occurs with increasing frequently. I got fed of keeping a diary recording each occasion, although it would have enabled me to leave Plusnet without a penalty. Consumer rights and contract law are very clear on that!

I'll let you know if all is well or not in around three weeks, or about three days if the speed drop happens again.

Kind regards, 

Tony East

astare
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Fix

Dear John,

I thought I'd just let you know that so far, so good. The speed from the BT Business Hub 6 has been rock solid at around 72-74Mbps and the Wi-Fi is a little stronger too. Even in our third bedroom, which is the furthest point fromm the Hub, my M1 MAC shows a speed of about 53Mbps using bot the BT and OOKLA speed tests. That may be because M1 MAC's come with Wi-Fi 6.

Anyway, I'm a reasonably happy bunny now and content to stay with PlusNet until the end of my contract. Then we'll see!  It's a pity I missed out on their current price war with BT, I could have saved a fair bit if I'd waited.

Best wishes,

Tony East

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Glad it's sorted, Tony. 👍 Another one off my 'watch list'.

John