cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed issues after fault has been fixed

chris-w
Grafter

Speed issues after fault has been fixed

I have been experiencing a drop of about 20mbps since I was dealing with a disconnection fault a few weeks ago. Had an engineer come around who confirmed that the IP profile had automatically been pulled back to try and stabilise the line but it never went back up to full speed subsequent to the disconnections stopping.

The disconnections were 100% something in the cabinet and or exchange as everything from my premises to the cabinet were 100% (no faults at all)

Any ideas and or Plus-net tech able to help me get my line humming along at the previous 72mbps I used to get? 

6 REPLIES 6
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Speed issues after fault has been fixed

Thanks for getting in touch @chris-w

I've tested your line and it appears that your speeds have been banded due to your fault as your current profile is "0.128M-55M Downstream 6dB, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-12M Upstream, Retransmission High" which won't let you connect at a speed higher than 55Mbps at most.

To get this resolved for you I've requested that your line be reset and this should go through in the next 24 to 48 working hours.

If you haven't seen a increase by Tuesday at the latest let us know and we'll investigate further

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
chris-w
Grafter

Thanks @MatthewWheeler for getting that done. Now the fault does not seem to be happening any more I;m sure what you did will eventually filter down. Do I need to restart the router to see the increase in speed or should it just increase while still connected. 

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi Chris,

This should happen automatically, though I would recommend that you reboot your router if the speed hasn't improved by Tuesday.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
chris-w
Grafter

Still not seeing the correct speed (currently 47 mbps) previously (72 mbps). The line has completely stopped dropping out which is nice but line speed still massively throttled. Is there a way of fixing this and taking me off the dynamic IP speed profile as I'm a bit fed up of chasing Plusnet to get this resolved...

chris-w
Grafter

@MatthewWheeler Hi Mattew, I just got your email and the second it arrived my speed was restored. I assume this is not a coincidence and you did something considering I tested it twice this morning before I posted.

Thanks either way for getting it resolved! 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, it looks like automation did it's job and updated the profile. Do give us a shout if there's any further issues with this. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team