Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed issues - Formerly Changing ISP

FIXED
christianpjones
Rising Star

Re: Changing ISP

My line has now been disconnected. Can you please confirm with your suppliers that this is the "cease" part of "cease and reprovide"?

Thanks.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Christian, yes this would've likely been part of the cease order our suppliers have placed with Openreach. They'll be ceasing the asset/service on the BT systems next and then they'll place a new fibre order on the closer cabinet for an engineer to go out and connect your fibre service up to that one instead. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
christianpjones
Rising Star

Thanks for the ticket updates.

The new fibre order was placed mid-afternoon yesterday and the ticket came off hold first thing this morning. Have there been any updates from your suppliers? I don't know what their weekend working hours are, i.e. if this doesn't get sorted today are we going to be offline all weekend?

Final question: will I be reimbursed for the time that my connection's been down?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting back to us @christianpjones

Our suppliers have advised that the order should complete at some point today.

Once that's been done your connection should come back online straight away.

With regards to the downtime once the issue is resolved we'll refund you for the downtime against the cost of your broadband.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
christianpjones
Rising Star

@MatthewWheeler 

Thanks very much for the update.

christianpjones
Rising Star

As of 18:35 I'm still offline. Has there been a problem with the work today?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Hi Christian, I've checked the order our suppliers have placed and it looks like it it completed earlier on today but during the cease order the broadband component fell off your account. I've re-added it for you (around an hour ago, I thought I sent this post sooner!) I think you're up and running now:

Testing your line is showing your speeds at a perfect download speed of 80mbps and upload of 20mbps Cheesy

How are things your side?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
christianpjones
Rising Star

@Gandalf 

Just done a speed test. Results below. Cool

1.jpg

Thank you very much to you and the rest of the team for all of your help. Much appreciated. Thumbs_Up

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Looking good! The long wait seemed to have paid off in the end.  Cool_smiley Thumbs_Up

No problem, feel free to let me know if you ever need any further help in the future. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet